• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IMC and DRAM voltage

Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
36
I am thinking about buying a i5-750 and a Mobo. I already have some DDR3 RAM but the Voltage on my DDR3 is 1.9v. it's OCZ DDR3 1600.

Now, I read that I can only put 1.65 volts to the IMC, but seems like I have seem screen shots of peoples BIOS' having 2+ volts to DRAM.

So whats the deal? Am I going to be able to use my 1.9v DDR3 RAM with my new rig? Or should I ebay this stuff and find some lower voltage stuff....

I am confused on this whole IMC/DRAM voltage thing. Some clarification would be halpful. Thanks.

-Airman
 
The IMC from Intels spec sheet lists 1.65v as the maximum voltage, so for the 1.9v OCZ I would not run that ram in a intel build. I would get some Gskill or Corsair 1.5v- 1.6v.

You would void your warranty on the processor by using the 1.9v ram.
 
Thanks, But like I said, with the screen shots I have seen, I have reason to believe that the 1.65v IMC and the DRAM voltage are two seperate deals, and you can indeed run higher voltage RAM, but just don't clock the IMC voltage above 1.65v...

Again, still confused. Thanks for the reply.
 
I was just googling, and I saw something that said I can run no more than .5 volt differance betweem VTT (IMC I presume) and DRAM voltage.

So if I run my IMC at 1.4v I can run my DDR# at 1.9v?
 
OK, I get what you are saying. It's just I was thinking that the IMC voltage was just for the IMC and that you could run the DRAM voltage at differant volts.

Like running the IMC at 1.4v and running the DRAM at 1.9v.

Obviously it looks like I cannot do this. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top