Imation Super Disk Drive Parallel Port version

Does anyone remember how to install this thing because I know there is a way? I just can't find anything on the internet that tells me how and I don't remember.

ImationSuperDiskDrivefront.jpg

ImationSuperDiskDriveback.jpg

Find a computer with VMware, a copy of Windows 98, and a PCI parallel port PCI/PCI-E/PCI-X card.

find a computer with a parallel port 1st.

Thats not the problem I have a parallel port on my Asus TUSL2 motherboard for my Pentium 3 and on the Supermicro P4SCT+II motherboard for my pentium 4. Its attached to an HP Pavilion with the Asus TUSL-L motherboard which is using a Pentium III 1.4GHz Tualatin. I just don't know what to select under add new hardware wizard.

Last edited:
Find a computer with VMware, a copy of Windows 98, and a PCI parallel port PCI/PCI-E/PCI-X card.

I found a Parallel Port to USB cable for this drive, but now I can't find the drive and I also have the USB version of this drive now along with the ZIP 750 USB drive. However, the USB SuperDisk drive is very flaky in Modern WIndows or at least 7 and refuses to work on a Mac. I did some how manage to get the files I wanted off the SuperDisk one way or another and deleted the files I didn't. However, I kinda had to resort to the internal version a few times and Ubuntu Linux.

Last edited:
Back