images in outlook signature: issues when sig appears as attachment

oROEchimaru

Supreme [H]ardness
any solutions to the issue if you have image links (combo) in you signature turning into an attachment of the image instead?

anyway to prevent this ugly occurance from occuring?

basically when someone forwards or uses a plain text email like some OWA users a company logo in the signature that links tot he domain homepage... appears as an attachment.

none that I know of.

tell them to stop using plain text and stick with html? :p
or to remove pictures from the sigs.

There isn't anyway to prevent it, aside from forcing people to use text only signatures. The plain text formatting doesn't have the ability to handle images, so it moves them to attachments.

I get asked this several times a month, and it aggravates me to have to keep repeating it...but you can never control the view or end result of an e-mail.

I have been slowly getting people to see the light, that a minimalist approach to sigs is best, and we've been removing the logos and images from the sigs.

Images in signatures piss me off to no end...

I have a habit of ignoring service request emails from new customers with huge signatures too, everyone knows these guys. The guys with, name, title, office number, cell number, pager number, home number, fax number, business address, business email, business logo, and then their favorite quote about business. gfdsgifudsgjid ugh.

Sorry, brought this a little OT, but it had to be said. :D

yeah i tried to emphasize this

thing is they saw my social networking siganture and made it company policy. now trying to make them use a link instead thats another method.

as a sales team, i would find it spammy

Back