ImageMaker 1.1 Nightmare!

Sayth

Gawd
Okay so here is the deal:

I've used Ultimate boot CD for quite a while now so when I decided to backup my laptop I decided to use a tool off of the old 2.4 version that had image maker. It seemed bare bones easy and I didn't feel like looking for any other tool.

So I backed a 60g hd to a file called lappy.img on my external USB 80g drive.

Now when i restore from UBCD I am told everything is restored fine, restart machine to run the restored OS. I restart and the whole partition is gone. Nothing. Zip, Zilch. The drive is forever "unknown" until I partition it and when I do... everything is gone.. empty. (Probably just zeroed but still... GONE)

I also tried installing windows XP again and restoring. Freezes half way through and shuts down. No luck. I even tried the last step over again AFTER updating windows to the current day... no luck....

Any ideas? Even if I can use a program to mount it so I can grab my few important files. I tried Daemon Tools, but no luck. And the company that made ImageMaker 1.1 no longer exists... it was made by www.disk-tools.com which links to daemon tools website now and they have nothing on their site regarding this backup utility.

Please help if there is any for this problem! :confused:
Thanks

Apparently checkdisk says that there was no EOF????? at the end of the partition. The disk apears to be too large for the partition. Can't remember the number exactly hense the ??? but how did this happen?

I did a simple physical copy. so the drive is a 60g and the file is 57000 or so MB.

I am so confused... just want a couple files!

Anyone else used this POS program before? I have access to Encase at work... maybe it will work?

Back