Image Quality Comparison Tool

^eMpTy^

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
3,233
Hey guys, I couldn't sleep...so made a little thing to easily compare image quality between different screenshots of a game...

This is just a test right now, but I'm curious what you guys think about the idea...so if you have firefox, check it out and let me know...

http://www.gpureview.com/iq.html#
 
very nice indeed - thanks a lot! I always found it to be quite difficult comparing the screenshots in reviews, where they put them side by side or under one another. This makes it a LOT easier! Great work, and definitely something reviewers should use in their upcoming comparisons.

cheers,
j
 
wizzackr said:
very nice indeed - thanks a lot! I always found it to be quite difficult comparing the screenshots in reviews, where they put them side by side or under one another. This makes it a LOT easier! Great work, and definitely something reviewers should use in their upcoming comparisons.

cheers,
j

I'm thinking I'd like to make it so people can just upload whatever they want to compare and go to town...we shall see...a lot of cleaning up to do still...
 
that would be perfect! If that is too bandwidth intensive make it "reviewers' only". Brent should really use that in upcoming reviews.
 
Yeah very nice work empty, and I second the motion that Brent should use for IQ analysis
 
Its awesome, but would really be useful as a standalone tool. Allowing the user to download the images from a review and then do the comparison.

Also, in the zoom functon, have it allow moving the ultimate focal point of the zoom, so the user could zero in on points of particular interest to see the results.

I think oyu trying to support users uploading images would get out of hand in a hurry bandwidth/storage-wise, an unresonable burden placed on you. The usual reviews showing say X850 vs 6800 would have screenshots that the reader can download, but for lack of THIS tool or something like it, the comparisons are difficult to arrange. Your tool would be an awesome addition to peoples arsenal of utilities.

Please see if you can make it a standalone client that allows comparing two images, and augment the zoom function to allow zeroing in on specific points of interest.

This would be awesome in comparing HDR vs non HDR, etc. as well.
 
what do you mean augment the zoom? you can already zoom in to wherever you like?
 
I hope you don't mind me suggesting, but a long time ago, during the image quality wars, one site i came across had it set up so that the image displayed is an ATI screencap, and then when the cursor is over the picture, it turns into an nVidia screencap, and then changes back when the cursor is removed. Similar to someone switching back and forth between two images with ACDSee. It basically lets you compare the two images down to the pixels :)

Do you think it's possible/practical to add something like that? You should be able to double the size of the viewable window that way too. :)
 
amazing script! mind if i steal it? you should put it under gpl or something so review sites can take advantage, though it's only jscript=/
 
Lsv said:
amazing script! mind if i steal it? you should put it under gpl or something so review sites can take advantage, though it's only jscript=/

Well I wouldn't steal it right now...it's not cross-browser compatible...and the code is all hard-wired for those set images...

I'll get it cleaned up and put it up for general use...
 
Sly said:
I hope you don't mind me suggesting, but a long time ago, during the image quality wars, one site i came across had it set up so that the image displayed is an ATI screencap, and then when the cursor is over the picture, it turns into an nVidia screencap, and then changes back when the cursor is removed. Similar to someone switching back and forth between two images with ACDSee. It basically lets you compare the two images down to the pixels :)

Do you think it's possible/practical to add something like that? You should be able to double the size of the viewable window that way too. :)

The toggle button serves the purpose of switching back and forth...and yeah...when I'm done you'll be able to adjust the viewport size however you like...
 
Wow, very sweet empty. I can actually show people the difference now so they don't think i'm crazy :D.
 
Ok it should work in ie6, ie7 beta, firefox, firefox 1.5 beta, and opera 8+...anyone having problems with this? if you can't move stuff around and zoom in and out properly, let me know what browser you're using...
 
Back
Top