• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Image quality: 2405FPW vs 2005FPW

s_s256

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
491
I am looking at both these moniters, just curious which of these have the better IQ? Is there a noticeable difference? Snice the 2405FPW contrast ratio is 1000:1, and the 2005FPW is 600:1

Here is HL2 on a 2405FPW it looks awsome, just wondering how a 2005FPW would do, especially around the dark/black areas.

http://img123.echo.cx/my.php?image=img04054cc.jpg

Thanks
 
Here's a quickie on 2005FPW, Sony Cyber Shot 4.1 mega pixel.

9547hl2.JPG
 
I don't have either monitor (my 2405FPW comes in at the end of the week), but I've been reading a lot of threads on these two monitors over the past 3 months and this is what I've found most people agree on:

The 2405FPW has better contrast than the 2005FPW. Blacks look blacker and whites look whiter. The 2005FPW has backlight issues that a lot of people can't get over, whereas the 2405FPW has almost flawless backlighting. The 2005FPW has been said to have more saturated colours than the 2405FPW, which would be consistent with S-IPS panels (they are said to be the best type of panel for image manipulation beacuse of their excellent colour fidelity).

Hope that helps.
 
I have the 2405FPW and had a 2005FPW. The biggest difference is that the 2405FPW has a deeper black and better backlight. Other than that, you are really nitpicking. The 2405FPW has more of a blue default scheme to it. The 2005FPW seems to have a little "gritty" overall look to it. Both are very bright. Response time is close, but I think maybe, just maybe, the 2005FPW has an edge.
 
Bottom line: if money is not an issue, get 2405. If you are on budget or just want to save some money, get 2005. They are not THAT MUCH different, but hey I'm probably just trying to make myself feel better since I have a 2005. :p :D
 
sakurakana1003 said:
Bottom line: if money is not an issue, get 2405. If you are on budget or just want to save some money, get 2005. They are not THAT MUCH different, but hey I'm probably just trying to make myself feel better since I have a 2005. :p :D

If money is not object, don't forget that there are other alternatives in that size range. :cool:
 
Thanks for the help, I guess I'll wait until either one has a coupon on them, and dealing with Dell.ca it is going to take awhile.

Thanks.
 
perplex said:
like what alternatives?

does anyone on this forum have ibm t221? ;]

I'm thinking anything with the 23" LG widescreen S-IPS display (Apple, Sony, etc.). Personally, I like the IPS display much more than the *VA ones. The color and response times of an IPS panel are enough to win my favor.
 
Back
Top