• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iMac max ram question.

digimax

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
66
I have a white 24" iMac with the intel C2D. I know the max amount or ram you can have in there is 3GB. But I've heard that in the C2D mac minis that used to only take 3GB of memory, with Leopard now you can have 4GB as the max. Is it the same for the white C2D iMacs? I know the aluminum ones already have 4 gigs as the max. But was curious about the previous gen.
 
I just upgraded my imac 24" white to leopard- it has dual 2GB modules.

I thought the 3GB was a hardware limit, but I guess not, Leopard was able to address all 4GB. this is definitely a bonus for me!
 
Thanks for the info. I don't expect to see any difference in performance from 3 to 4 gigs, but with today's ram prices being so low, more ram can't hurt. Does anyone know if the set of ram modules have to be of the same brand?
 
Thanks for the info. I don't expect to see any difference in performance from 3 to 4 gigs, but with today's ram prices being so low, more ram can't hurt. Does anyone know if the set of ram modules have to be of the same brand?
They don't have to but they need to be the same size example 2x2GB or 2x1GB to get the benefit of dual channel. Ifyou have 1x 1GB and 1x 2GB you won't get dual channel.
 
Back
Top