• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

imac g4 help

swanysto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
340
so I am inheriting an iMac g4. I was wondering if it can handle tiger and possibly leopard. I done know much about macs, I just would like to have a fairly updated so I can run latest mac software. I done need a lot of power cause I know the g4 isn't exactly new. This will be used for mainly iTunes and some simple programming.

And does anyone know if this mac can take linksys USB wireless adapters?

Thanks
swany
 
It will be able to run Tiger for sure, but you may have to upgrade the RAM. Leopard isn't 100%, because the minimum requirements are an 867MHz Processor. The first G4 iMacs were 700 and 800MHz.

If possible, I'd stay away from 3rd party wireless solutions. The iMac may be able to use an Airport Extreme card, which would get you 802.11g. They're very easy to install.
 
Back
Top