I'm upgrading this month. I've got a problem.

MrHuk

Limp Gawd
Well....

I was planning on buying a AMD 64bit 3500+ winchester, but it seems all mobos need bios updates before they work, well this is a problem obviously.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any GOOD mobos that come winchester ready or I'll have to go for the Newcastle brand.

I'm buying all my parts from ebuyer.com

I do believ the mojority of them now ship with the updated BIOS. I am pretty sure the MSI K8n neo2 platinum does.

it shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a floppy drive and the correct BIOS. The reason they come that way is because they have the BIOS revision that was available when the board was manufactured.

Chances are even if you buy a mobo that has its newest BIOS revision right now, you'll need to update it at some point in the future

The neo2 was the board I was going to go for until I heard about the problems. Any more info on this issue would be great.

I honestly have no idea. Neo2 should have the Bios fixed, if not you could have the company you go through test it out for you, possibly assemble the CPU and Mobo together. Look towards www.monarchcomputer I just ordered a combo from them and they tested it and shipped it within 3 days. Told me they updated Bios and everything. Hell they even game me a free dvd copy of Far Cry and Hl2 :)

I'm from England so that site isn't much help. Is everyone saying Neo2 because it's new or something? I can't say I know tbh.

http://www.ebuyer.com is where I'm getting all the parts, this is what I was looking at getting:

2 x Antec Cooling Fan 120mm Blue Led Lights
1 x Ebuyer 500w Power Supply Black With Dual Fans
1 x Ebuyer Extra Value Dracula S-313BB Black Body - Chrome Front & Black Panel - ATX Case PSU Not Included
1 x AMD (Winchester) Athlon 64bit 3500+ 939pin 512kb L2cache 90nm Retail
1 x Seagate ST3160023A 160GB 7200rpm 8mb Cache Barracuda 7200.7 Plus - OEM
1 x MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum SKT 939 Nforce3 SATA GIGBIT LAN 7.1 CH Sound Retail
1 x Crucial CT6464Z40B 512mb DDR 400MHz PC3200 CL=3 Memory Module

Back