I'm torn! Which game to buy?

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Finally upgrading my computer, new parts waiting for me in a UPS box..

Have been looking around and like the way that Crysis looks, and Stalker as well.

Last FPS game I bought was FarCry (yes.. it's been a while).

Which do you suggest I start with?

Have HL2 already, guess that is more recent then FarCry.

Mostly just looking for opinions between the two I mentioned above :p

which stalker?

I've only played SOC, but i would definitely recommend that if you've not played it yet (though Clear Sky is well regarded, too).

Might as well try out Crysis, too. Even if you don't like the story or gameplay, the graphics are going to be a treat.

I loved firing up Crysis when I built my rig just to see the eye candy. I would recommend getting it, hell even the first half of the game is fun!

I would say Crysis assuming your rig can handle it. Maxed out is just beauuutiful!

Just got a E5200 Wolfsbane? And a 4830. Guessing those are good enough? 4gb ram

I recently bought Fallout 3 (which I'm loving) and Crysis (which was out of stock and had to be ordered). I'm still waiting for Crysis to show up, but I would highly recommend Fallout.

If you want to see what you paid for get Crysis. That's what i recently did myself, and for my last system I bought FarCry the day I got my new system to see what that rig can do!

I also bought a new PC , see my sig... now i want to make this pc kneel before me! Crysis is on my radar... and so is stalker. Anything else?

GTA4 i already own on PS3. Crysis is on my list... and i heard far cry 2 wasnt fun... is it true?

STALKER is a much more enjoyable game than Crysis, IMO. The graphics aren't quite as good (although they are still very nice looking), but the game mechanics and weapon handling are much better.

I also bought a new PC , see my sig... now i want to make this pc kneel before me! Crysis is on my radar... and so is stalker. Anything else?

Try Empire: Total War, set the unit sizes to the largest.

Personally, I found myself playing and replaying both Crysis and Crysis: Warhead multiple times across different difficulty levels. Part of it was to revisit what I missed the first (few) times over, part of it was just general exploration out of curiosity's sake, and the remaining part was just to gawk at the beautiful graphics. :cool:

In terms of STALKER, I liked it ok, but I beat it once and haven't looked back yet. Apparently, there are multiple endings to the game, so I ended up watching the other ones on Youtube instead. :D

UT3 on steam has insane graphics and is super cheap...

AVOID Crysis Warhead like the fucking plague and get the original Crysis instead

Warhead = no sandbox editor and no custom maps = epic fail

get Crysis and load up some of the insane custom maps.... you'll love it....

edit: and stay away from Empire Total War.... sure it brings systems to their knees... but holy crap i'll be damned if that game isnt hideously flawed in it's current state....

give E:TW time for a price drop + epic amount of patching/expansion before buying it....

*huge Total War fan.....

Personally, I found myself playing and replaying both Crysis and Crysis: Warhead multiple times across different difficulty levels. Part of it was to revisit what I missed the first (few) times over, part of it was just general exploration out of curiosity's sake, and the remaining part was just to gawk at the beautiful graphics. :cool:

In terms of STALKER, I liked it ok, but I beat it once and haven't looked back yet. Apparently, there are multiple endings to the game, so I ended up watching the other ones on Youtube instead. :D

This, lol. It's incredibly hard even on the easy mode.

Unreal is interesting... fo 12$ i cant really go wrong.

I will try to fin crysis on the cheap... is that possible?

eidt: futureshop has it for 29$ not bad

This, lol. It's incredibly hard even on the easy mode.

Very true. I cursed the game out many times over. The Zero Punctuation review captures my sentiments exactly. :D

Unreal is interesting... fo 12$ i cant really go wrong.

I will try to fin crysis on the cheap... is that possible?

eidt: futureshop has it for 29$ not bad

I never paid more than $20 for a copy of each, Crysis and Warhead, and I have seen them go below that too. Look around, you should be able to score used copies for much less, which is what I did for Warhead (only to have it go on sale for the same price, new, a week later :(). Crysis, on the other hand, I easily got for $20 back when Circuit City could still offer decent deals. :cool:

Call of duty 4?

i should really post what i already own. But of course i will try COD4 with full settings.

I own the recent game:

orange box
COD4
oblivion
Bioshock(never played it)
left 4 dead

buy Crysis Maximum Edition, which has both Crysis and Warhead for $40 on Amazon. it comes out April 5.

Orange Box is an absolute MUST buy.

Stalker Clear Sky was meh. gfx were cool but gameplay not so much. if you want an FPS-RPG Fallout 3 is the only way to go.

Far Cry 2 is definitely worth playing...for about 3 hours. It's the only game i wish was significantly SHORTER. once you've experience the 1st 2 hours of the game, it's 100% redundant with absolutely no new content or gameplay for the remaining 10 hours of the game.

you also might wanna check out Call of Duty 4 or 5. both have decent graphics and run extremely well on your hardware. the SP was MEH for both of those for me (others will vehemently disagree, but the SP on both is seriously flawed on hardest difficulty) but the Multiplayer on CoD5 is very fun on Hardcore mode. im told CoD4 MP is almost exactly the same but with the modern weapons.

I like Crysis/Warhead better than just about any shooter I've played (HL1 will always be my tops) but I'd recommend playing STALKER first. The atmosphere of the game is untouchable. In fact, it's time for me to play that game again.

Crysis is a better shooter and prettier (if you really care about that) but STALKER is simply one of those must play games because of the environment. Pick up Crysis later when it's bundled with Warhead and whatever else they expand onto the game.

If you like RPGs go with The Witcher. (Didn't read the thread to see if the OP has this already.)

Back