I'm thinking of buying an Exos...

athlon750

Weaksauce
and I need opinions (preferably from current or former users) on this setup.

Many thanks ;)

For your first stroll into H2O it is not a bad deal. It is an easy jump that will take a lot of the uneasiness out of it if you are worried about destroying your rig with a hose spraying water. That said, if you are a hardcore tweaker, it will not satisfy you for long. They are good for n00bs or for someone that wants something simple to make the place a bit quieter. I have three that I use and they great.

Cant say ive had the exos, but i have the koolance PC2-650 or some model number like that... its whtaever latest case they have out thats black, sexy and has lights in the front

anways, to answer your question... koolance stuff, very professional and clean, but yeah, after you get you feet wet (little joke) in watercooling, the performance of koolance can't keep up with do-it-yourself cooling

When i get 200 bucks or so im going to do some creative modification on this koolance pc2-650 with my existing Maze4 waterblock, bayres, and get me a badass pump and black ice extreme dual 120mm... plenty of room... that way i get kickass performace, in an extremely professional looking case with that sweet ass LED eteching/lighting on the front.

Bottom line, if you want a quick, easy, moderatly performing watercoolign solution without the worry of frying shit... koolance is good for you, you can always "upgrade" the upgrade later like im planning on doing.

Koolance is an entry level solution, at best. It will keep things cold enough, and it's very VERY easy to install. Besides that, it's not the greatest system. The block they include is crap, the pumps aren't the greatest, it's quiet loud for what it is, the tube size is restrictive, it costs way more than it should.

Here's what I'd say: If you know that you're gonna throw in an EXOS, and never touch your computer again until you get a whole new one, go ahead. If you're interested in modding, overclocking, hardware, or power usage at all, you want something else. A lot of people say that the Koolance is good for beginning water coolers. I'd say it's a waste of money and is definitely not a diving board deeper into the cooling world. If you're a WC newbie, get a kit from DangerDen or many of the other reputable companies out there. Most of all, read some reviews, check out all the kits. Commit one full day of internet to searching out all the solutions. Really, watercooling is very simple. A handful of connections to make and some thoughts to think, along with a leak test, and you are 100%

I'm kinda in the same boat.... I wanna play with wc but I really don't know where to begin. All the how-tos and stuff I've ready aren't a whole lot of help. I know what general parts you need, but I dont know what to look for or where I can buy the stuff. So, I was thinking of just going for the koolance, but I know the performance isn't as good as a DIY job.

Are there any good guides out there, or better kits than the koolance?

I just recently moved from good aircooling (Zalman 7000Cu plus 5 case fans) to watercooling.
I read every review I could Google, on the Corsair, the Exos, and the kits from more specialized manufacturers (Danger Den, Swiftech, etc.).

I ended up going with the Koolance Exos-Al, with 3 waterblocks (the 300-series for the CPU, plus the best GPU and Chipset coolers in the koolance range).
The setup was easy and painless.

My system went from a difficult 3.6 GHz on Air, with considerable noise, to 3.9 GHz on water, with less noise.

I know it's an 'entry-level' kit, but the FEW additional MHz I could PERHAPS squeeze from this CPU with a more powerful do-it-yourself kit with Chevy heater cores and God-knows-what else, just do not weigh up against the incredible ease-of-use that I experienced with my Exos.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I'm sold on the Exos!

Exos is good stuff. The 300 series Water Blocks are far from "crap". Mine cools my 2.4c from 25-26c @ idle to 33c max after dual priming for hours. It might be "entry level" but it works really well.

I've had mine for about a month, zero complaints.

i love my koolance unit, the performance is more than enough for me. my favorite part about it is that its very quiet. the cpu-300 waterblock and its new connectors make it even easier to install. i have no complaints at all about the exos unit

I have been thinking about getting a Koolance Exos-Al in conjuction with a 6800 Ultra from BFG. Then I was thinking of how i could just buy a stock one and then slap a watercooling system on it.

Caliche

I'm in the pro-Exos camp. I've owned 2 of them, and what nearly everyone has said above is true. I sold my last one and already miss it.......if only to run on test systems before more permanent options are installed. From a practical standpoint the gains I expect from the current Aqua-Computer system I'm building aren't worth it (nearly 3 times the cost) The value to me in that case is the joy of building and using absolutely beautiful hardware in a balanced sytem of aesthetics and performance. Bang for the buck? The Exos is good value IMO.

i love my exos, i have it cooling my [email protected], nb@284fsb, gpu 405/365, and under load it never breaks 45C. althought im very pleased with it, i probobly wont buy another because i want to make a custom setup next time around.

The stock fans in the exos are loud. You could replace them with quieter fans. Also the adjustable fan control looks nice, but from the lowest to highest setting only makes a difference of 3c.

I don't overclock and wanted silence, so I went with the Zalman reserator. I hope to get it set up end of next week.

Cali, DON'T buy the BFG watercooled, it is just regular card with Koolance 180 block on it. For the money you can buy the regular card and 180 cooler for $540 OR regular card and Koolance kit that combines 180 with ram cooling for $70. Either option is better than the BFG water ripoff.

As far as Koolance goes, I like how the system is self contained and sits out of the case. Contrary to some posts here it does not suck all that much compared to do-it-yourself kits. It is very quiet on low setting.

I just bought the Koolance Exos Al from newegg. For $185 plus $50 for the cpu block, you really can't go wrong.

I haven't recieved my unit yet, but all the reviews have been favorable so far. Depends on what you want out of a water cooling system. For me, I need portability and ease of use. The damn thing ways somewhere around 6 lbs when full.

Read the [H]ard ocp review.....

:)

Back