I'm sorry....

baballin328

Limp Gawd
I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but I'm still a bit confused. I was looking at the Coolermaster Aquagate and the Coolermaster Aquagate Mini 120, both are now $61, the Aquagate Viva ($70) and the Thermaltake Silent Water ($60). I have a Ultra Microfly Case. You guys recommend going air over those watercooling kits, but I don't know if that's the best choice. This is what I was thinking, since my case is small and cramped, much of the air inside will be warmer than the outside temp. So doesn't that mean that the hsf is blowing hotter air? I was thinking about getting one of those watercooling kits and putting the radiator outside where the air is cooler. If I do it this way will the cooler air result in better temps? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm curious... :p

you're asking if the radiator is mounted in cooler air if it will be perform better than in warmer air?

the short: yes

the long: ...someone chime in here, please.

The top end air solutions will in most cases come Par or better these water kits

SiD-P said:
The top end air solutions will in most cases come Par or better these water kits
He knows this already...

I would think that in a cramped case, if you don't have really good cable management, it would be better to get an Aquagate or Corsair Nautilus and mount it externally.

As khanable said the loop will perform better when the rad is exposed to cooler air. This pretty much holds true for all watercooling products as its affected by ambient temps.

I don't have any experience with that case but looking at the pics of it you can most likely fit a 120x1 rad where the exhaust is if you want to keep everything internal. Like you said though it will probably perform better if you mount the radiator externally. I have seen people take 120x2 rads and mount it slightly elevated on top of these smaller cases.

If you really want water than it may be a better idea to save a little and build a custom loop. Like everyone said its not really worth it to go with one of those kits.

danks said:
As khanable said the loop will perform better when the rad is exposed to cooler air. This pretty much holds true for all watercooling products as its affected by ambient temps.

I don't have any experience with that case but looking at the pics of it you can most likely fit a 120x1 rad where the exhaust is if you want to keep everything internal. Like you said though it will probably perform better if you mount the radiator externally. I have seen people take 120x2 rads and mount it slightly elevated on top of these smaller cases.

If you really want water than it may be a better idea to save a little and build a custom loop. Like everyone said its not really worth it to go with one of those kits.
AFAIK, the 120mm exhaust fan space is just barely wide enough for a fan. Not big enough for most 120mm radiators.

Most internal installations I've seen for the Microfly put the rad on a side.

I'm guessing the OP is going for simplicity, so I'd recommend the Nautilus.

Did you have a look at the CoolRiver Deluxe Watercooling Kit?

- Big value for money with Graphic,Nortbridge,cpu coolingblocks included.
- Easy to install as a closed system so no hastle with fluids etc...
- Doen't require much space with the small pump and coolingblocks.

http://www.octools.com/index.cgi?caller=articles/coolriver/deluxe/coolriver.html

Already build in one of my old systems ....pump very very quiet.

Planning to buy anotherone myself.

Well $150 for the nautilus is kind of a lot for me cuz I just spent so much on upgrading my PC. I guess what I'm asking is what is the best cooling that I could get for my case without emptying my wallet? I'm looking for things around the prices of the kits I listed before.

Back