Im sorry Palm....

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
So today, I returned my palm pre plus from ATT. I will be at the at&t store on the 15th to preorder my brand spankin new iPhone 4 32gig. Im sorry Palm, But your lack of apps and underpowered hardware is unappealing to me, I did however thoroughly enjoy the past 4 weeks with you, But farewell, A sexier, younger and stronger girl has my eye now......I have become a sheep...Im sorry everyone :(

why do people feel the need to justify their purchasing decision to the rest of the world, or ask forgiveness when those decision don't align with those of others? If you like something, get it. If you don't, don't.

why do people feel the need to justify their purchasing decision to the rest of the world, or ask forgiveness when those decision don't align with those of others? If you like something, get it. If you don't, don't.

This is a forum... a public meeting place for open discussion.

How about why not? :confused:

This is a forum... a public meeting place for open discussion.

But there's not much for discussion, this wasn't a question of whether the iPhone would be a better choice for him. It was an apology for betraying the anti-iphone he apparently belonged to by buying a product that is seen to be a status symbol more so than being actually useful. If the OP truly feels that the iPhone is going to better suit his needs, then why should he feel the need to apologize for getting it?

people are brand loyal(WD ftw) just as much as they hate other brands (gah, i hate samsung).

if you've been loyal for a while, it might be a little emotional to betray the brand by going w/ the competition.

OP - i feel your pain. i got the sprint pre on day one. i watched it's devolopment for months and i've loved webOS. however, palm just hasn't kept up w/ the competition hardware/apps wise. my eyes have been wandering.

people are brand loyal(WD ftw) just as much as they hate other brands (gah, i hate samsung).

if you've been loyal for a while, it might be a little emotional to betray the brand by going w/ the competition.

OP - i feel your pain. i got the sprint pre on day one. i watched it's devolopment for months and i've loved webOS. however, palm just hasn't kept up w/ the competition hardware/apps wise. my eyes have been wandering.

Well I never even bothered looking. WebOS offered nothing special to me and the Pre was well always lackluster. Android and the iPhone OS were always better choices for me.

No, They haven't, But if they had, they might of had a fighting chance, and the iPhone 4 does seem to have the best hardware out as of yet, and that high res screen....:D, and I am very brand loyal. Nvidia and Intel FTW (used them since 2000)

Well I never even bothered looking. WebOS offered nothing special to me and the Pre was well always lackluster. Android and the iPhone OS were always better choices for me.

You should definitely of tried it, It was amazing, but the lackluster hardware and apps displeased me :/

I've been using the pre plus for a week an a half now and I love it. I got it overclocked from the stock 500hz to 800 and itls definitely more snappier. I also downloaded the files to turn the pre plus into a mobil hotspot which was cool and effortless. However, the reviews for the ATT version states that it was better built than the previous versions from other carriers but after only a few days I already got the dreaded oreo effect. This leads me to believe that I'll either have to pay $125 for a replacement down the line or have to pay out of pocket for another phone before my 2 years is up. I have to check out the return policy from Amazon wireless to see what their return policy is regarding still keeping my upgrade active if I return the phone.

I was hoping the HTC Desire would be released soon but I haven't heard anything in months. I guess I'll go back to my blackberry curve in the meantime until I decide if i'm going to wait for the Desire or go with the new iphone. I absolutely loved webos and how it works but the lack of app developers and the future with it's new company (HP) has me wondering if they will continue support for the Pre or abandon it in favor of focusing on newer phones.

While the webos is fantastic to play with I can't believe the phone was released missing so many basic features that 4yr old phones already had like voice dialing, bluetooth file transfers and the ability to assign different ringtones from your personal library for things like vm,sms etc (this can be fixed with a patch) Speaking of patches, EVERYTHING has to be resolved through patches from the homebrew commuity. They got developers fixing and updating the phone with features that should've came standard with the phone. This is the 3rd revision of the phone, I believed the phone was released on Sprint first with the Pre then the Plus was released on Verizon or Tmo then ArT last so I expected Palm to work out the links before releasing their final version on ATT. They said a 1.5 release should be here any day now so I will wait it out to see if the update fixed any of these issues i'm complaining about before I make the call to Amazon.

sorry for the rant

Last edited:
The Pre is what happens when great ideas meet poor leadership and execution. HP needs to fire everyone in charge as soon as the buyout is final.

Had they released it on more modern and well built hardware it would have stood a chance. Most fo the complaints besides the POS build quality could be fixed with later updates. As it is its too late for me, i wont buy from them again.

I got a Sprint Palm Pre about 2 weeks after it came out and haven't been tempted by anything else yet. This is helped by the fact that I really like the homebrew community, being able to add/delete features just means I can customize the phone to how I want it. Now if Palm doesn't announce any new hardware soon it may be time to start browsing again.

The Pre is what happens when great ideas meet poor leadership and execution. HP needs to fire everyone in charge as soon as the buyout is final.

Had they released it on more modern and well built hardware it would have stood a chance. Most fo the complaints besides the POS build quality could be fixed with later updates. As it is its too late for me, i wont buy from them again.

QFT, But lets hope HP can raise them up from the near dead and bring them eternal glory!

I got a Sprint Palm Pre about 2 weeks after it came out and haven't been tempted by anything else yet. This is helped by the fact that I really like the homebrew community, being able to add/delete features just means I can customize the phone to how I want it. Now if Palm doesn't announce any new hardware soon it may be time to start browsing again.

The homebrew community is amazing, but still, most if not all these patches shouldve been in the phone when it was released, but i did love customizing it to make it my own, I wonder how happy ill be with the new iphone 4....

Well, I went from Android, to WebOS and now back to Android via the EVO.

So far, my experience is much improved. Android has come a long way in the last year, nice to see the progression. The EVO community @ XDA is pretty damn active as well, it appears they've picked up all of the CDMA Hero crews, and they are busy hacking away.

Phone is great, no major issues, of course , like all phones, we need more juice in those batteries, however, compared to the Pre, it lasts alot longer.

If you are looking to jump ship to an EVO, rest assured the community is really pumping out the updates.

Back