I'm so sick of this. Asus.

here is a list of the issues i am experiencing... and i cant really just swap out mobos because i dont have 200 dollars to spare on a cross ship RMA nor can i wait 3 weeks for a new mobo..

heres a list of things that are wrong with mine....

1. Bad voltage readings(different from PSU)
2. No SPDIF(i have the latest drivers)
3. I cannot overclock past 2.42 on my X2 4200+
4. I keep getting the same BSODs(PFN_LIST, IRQ_IS NOT LESS THAN...) even after getting a new videocard, new ram, and new PSU and reformatting.
5. My motherboard temperatures are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than my CPU as in my motherboard will be 44C while my CPU is 34C
6. My chipset fan will speed up VERY fast and then Slow down very slowly and will also make grinding noises.
7. My Vcore jumps alot and doesnt stay ssteady at all
8. The PcProbe Program crashes all the time at startup so i dont use it anymore

note: i have already swapped PSUs.

Alrighty quick update, I just tried to boot the mobo with an older PSU (470 watt, no 2nd 12v main power plug just single one). The fans spun and the PSU kicked on for a second or so, no post, but it's better then what it was doing before. My issue may very well be PSU related. Maybe there is an issue with the A8N32-SLI damaging PSU's?

When everyone else tried new PSU's did you buy the same model brand or did you go with a differant one? My current one is a Hyper 570, I wasn't pleased with it from the get-go, going to try a differant brand.

Not to become flame bait or anything, but I must add that up until the initial problem with the motherboard, I had zero problems with it, it was very stable. I'll update tomorrow when I go pick up a new PSU.

I had this same issue with my A8N-SLi Deluxe. I replaced my dated power supply. Problem still existed, green light teasing me. At that point I just gave up on Asus and went to a C2D system with an Intel board.

And I am never going back.

C2D = Celeron 2D?

here is a list of the issues i am experiencing... and i cant really just swap out mobos because i dont have 200 dollars to spare on a cross ship RMA nor can i wait 3 weeks for a new mobo..

heres a list of things that are wrong with mine....

1. Bad voltage readings(different from PSU) --> everyone has that, is this an issue ?

2. No SPDIF(i have the latest drivers) --> typical for onboard sound crap, it's all over in the reviews and forums

3. I cannot overclock past 2.42 on my X2 4200+ --> CPU /mobo/ram combo failure or even user inexperience ? tried via bios or software in winblows ?

4. I keep getting the same BSODs(PFN_LIST, IRQ_IS NOT LESS THAN...) even after getting a new videocard, new ram, and new PSU and reformatting. --> why not swap the mobo ? seems it's not stable

5. My motherboard temperatures are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than my CPU as in my motherboard will be 44C while my CPU is 34C --> again is this an issue ? bad ventilation on the case or ya chipset fan is gonna die see 6...

6. My chipset fan will speed up VERY fast and then Slow down very slowly and will also make grinding noises. --> It's dying do you think they last forever ? Hence why they moved to those crap heatsinks/pipe combo's

7. My Vcore jumps alot and doesnt stay steady at all --> don't we have this all, Vdrop Vdroop ? Prolly bad PSU or mobo or hardware incompatability

8. The PcProbe Program crashes all the time at startup so i dont use it anymore --> buggy software a la Uguru Abit and co, I only use Sisoft and Everest home, coretemp to read out stuff

note: i have already swapped PSUs.

So to sum it up you raher keep on living with issues then to RMA the board and wait for 3-5 weeks and get a new one that would work prolly better , I really don't get it sir... you beat me ...

So to sum it up you raher keep on living with issues then to RMA the board and wait for 3-5 weeks and get a new one that would work prolly better , I really don't get it sir... you beat me ...

haha wow... you obvously dont understand that i NEED THIS COMPUTER... and here is some background info about this WONDERFUL mobo.

1. My Reading for the PSU is 12.25 on 12V and in the BIOS it shows 11.84.... yeah NOT good

2. Its typical for the SPDIF to die??? it didnt on my other boards ive owned...

3. Do you really think that i dont know how to overclock??:D My ram is good overclocking ram and my overclock was via bios.

4.Yeahhh i know...

5. My ventilation is amazing why do you think my CPU is so low??

6. It only does this when the mobo temps are high....

7. Its not a bad PSU... ive gone through 2 of them... same issue.

8. Pc Probe works fine on my friend's system....

Overall i dont really think you understood my post. I was just saying the issues that i was experiencing with my board. I wasnt asking for someone to explain them because i know theya re all motherboard related and i also know that i need to RMA but Asus wont give me any options other than the two i stated. :mad:

Edit: here are the vcore readings i took....

VcorePic.jpg

I've also seen Antec power supplies fail. I haven't seen one last longer than 3 years. I've seen cheaper units, abused by seing sea air, last longer.
Uh oh. I have a 3-1/2 year old TruePower 430 and a 2 year old TruePowerII 430. Are these on borrowed time? Do I need to replace these immediately? Should I initiate a RMA ticket now just in case? :eek:

What in the world.

I never use standby, since it often causes issues.

Really? I've been using S3 Sleep mode on my current system for over a year and I've never had even a hiccup out of it as a result. No boot time rules.

To the OP: Your options are pretty limited if you can't try another board, can't RMA your current one, etc. Unless you have some spare parts to start swapping around, I don't really know what to suggest. :/

Turns out it was my power supply, double checked my original mobo also, and it has come back to life. Swapping out my Hiper with a Corsair seemed to have done the trick.

I will admit I didn't read the whole thread, but I wholeheartedly support ASUS suck threads, so here is a vote for you ! :p

Uh oh. I have a 3-1/2 year old TruePower 430 and a 2 year old TruePowerII 430. Are these on borrowed time? Do I need to replace these immediately? Should I initiate a RMA ticket now just in case? :eek:

No, but their warranty is only 3 years. This is something that didn't happen with Antec power supplies a few years ago. It's not just me, but other people have seen them fail around the same time frame. Of the three i've seen fail they were turned off one day and did not turn back on. All were around the 2-3 year time frame. It's a little concerning because i've seen other PSUs take way more physical abuse (never cleaned, and exposed to sea air where you could see the exhaust developing rust) and keep chugging right along. A quality PSU that is not stressed or subjected to dirty power should easily last 5 years.

A friend's Enermax is around the 4 year mark.

kooldino,

You should take a flashlight and look into your PSU and see if there's any capacitors with corrosion on them like my Antec 480W had. I had problems like yours where my PC would run fine while it was on, but if I turned it off, it wouldn't want to boot. It turns out it was due to the PSU failing, which is what I hear a lot of these True/Smart Power Antecs did, due to them running too hot, which causes the capacitors to fail. Basically, it's a bad design.

Also, I tested my PSU with a tester and it tested fine, just like yours did, but it couldn't produce enough juice when connected to a loaded system to boot the PC.

My replacement PSU booted up the system great and hasn't had a problem since.

I did a rig about a year ago used a Asus A8N-E and it was stable as a mother.....About 8 months later I swapped that out for a Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. They both worked perfectly for me. Maybe I have better luck then you??

The Ultr a-D is slower at stock but once you get the hang of all the options this board must overclock way better than the Asus, unless you are limited by CPU/RAM combo...you must be missing something there..

Yeah I am, I have the world's cheapest RAM and I should have gone for the AMD 4800+ X2. I've been trying to oc the 4200+ but I can't get it to go past 2.64Ghz (240x11) and stay stable. I did 2.7Ghz (245x11) with the Asus. I know it's not the temps. I've run Counter-Strike Source along with SuperPi @ 32m along with MemTest just to see what it would do. I don't believe in torture testing the hell out your components. The hottest it got to was 54c. I'm all for experimenting with clocks and voltages to get the most performance out of your components, but I wish I could find some sure-fire way to just oc the 4200+ @ 3.0Ghz while cool and stable and just leave it the hell alone.

2. No SPDIF(i have the latest drivers)
i believe these aren't asus fault?
i've got the same problem with my onboard sound ( i assume ur using an nvidia chipset?)
and after research it seems its more to do with nvidia's drivers issues.(ppl have same problem with brands like gigabyte using the same chipset i heard)
ppl say it will work if u install the crappy realtek soundcard drivers or something (the ones that aren't nvidia)

now for brands of motherboard.
i'm DEFINTELY staying away from MSI since having 3 boards with the same chipset all failed on me within 2 -3 months.

(and my friend's board as well)
Abit i've used but never liked the board i had.

now i've used many asus board and most of them have been good, except that with my a8n sli deluxe the chipset fan failed on many of them after a few months..
however after contacting asus and they've sent me a replacement everything have been stable since.

Back