I'm so done. Galaxy S7 not phone for me..

passion4tech

Limp Gawd
I hope the samsung president reads this. This phone is just not for me. #1 This phone's build material glass is so fragile. I rarely took s7 out of case and now I have pretty deep scratch on back of s7 unbelievable! I only put s7 on hard surface for a short amount time to take sd card out. Samsung next time use more durable material like metal on HTC. #2 Touchwiz is once again sluggish full of bloatware. Sure touchwiz has improved but its still not quite great because its still sluggish, bloatware, and a memory resource hog. Also my charger cable has tear! Come on are you kidding samsung?! Please use better durable material in your products including charger cables accessories etc. So now I'm tired of s7 plus it is a pain in ass to root. I did not have much difficulty rooting my previous phone HTC One M8. Don't get me wrong. The Galaxy S7 is a great phone but not perfect and not for me. I'm switching to HTC 10. Quick question, How do you transfer or backup sms samsung app texts to another phone like HTC?

244041d1477615224t-i-m-so-done-galaxy-s7-not-phone-me-screenshot_20161024-153221.jpg

244042d1477615252t-i-m-so-done-galaxy-s7-not-phone-me-screenshot_20161024-204748.jpg

244043d1477615263t-i-m-so-done-galaxy-s7-not-phone-me-screenshot_20161024-143050.jpg

Last edited:
My S7 edge shattered after falling about 1 foot... Samsung cut me a check for $850 to buy a new one, but after that... no thanks. Like you said- too fragile.

It's yesterday, be me.

Mate pulls a phone out of pocket, I look down... thinking that looks very familiar.
Me: 'I think I have the same phone as you lol, awesome'
friend asks what I have
'SGS2'
Friend: 'uhh it's an S7'
me: 'kekek it looked the same to me'

I'll see myself out...

S2 loaner until I find the right phone to move to.

P.s. if you tear cables in a few months you are the issue, not the cable. I've dealt with hundreds of you fucktards.

To paraphrase an old saying:

"People that buy glass smartphones shouldn't drop/throw/step/crush/sit/etc on/around/under/over/etc them..."

But seriously, people buying smartphones with glass bodies (and some metal there to some degrees building out the frame) and not buying a case to protect them to some higher degrees than running naked and then complaining they're too fragile, I tell ya, if I had a nickle. :p

Every modern smart phone is essentially 50%+ glass... because the front digitizer is glass. :ROFLMAO:

Cases for everyone!

I guess this is a case (hah) of "it didn't happen"... because there's no "pics"

Every year it's the same thing. A new Samsung phone comes out and reviewers and fans swear there isn't any bloat or lag. A year or two later everyone's phones have screeched to a lagging standstill. I will never buy another Samsung phone ever again for that very reason.

Uhh... Samdung left my Galaxy S (the first one) in absolutely horrible state. Their latest firmware was pretty much unusable (rather severe battery bug) and the phone was slow as hell (though partly because the nand is incredibly slow).

Funnily my Huawei Honor 6 runs faster and works better than out of the box. I never expected them to upgrade this from KitKat to Marshmallow.

Have you tried using nova launcher? I have a s7 and don't notice any lag. I have a couple rogue apps eat my battery and had to uninstall. As far as Touchwhiz is concern Samsung is dumping Touchwhiz for their new GraceUX which was on the note 7. It will be in their android 7.0 Nougat update. Which could be out any time if you're on Sprint.

Have you tried using nova launcher? I have a s7 and don't notice any lag. I have a couple rogue apps eat my battery and had to uninstall. As far as Touchwhiz is concern Samsung is dumping Touchwhiz for their new GraceUX which was on the note 7. It will be in their android 7.0 Nougat update. Which could be out any time if you're on Sprint.

GraceUX is the same old shit with rebadge of TouchWiz. Note 7 users all reporting how slow and sluggish the phone is.

oh well i guess it's not the phone for you. I haven't yet experienced those issues and i have being using it for about 3 weeks. I'm coming from a note 4 and a nexus 5 before that. I'm looking forward to the nougat update.

Galaxy s7 is too fragile to be out of case. I'm sure it scratches cracks easily when I out it on hard surface without case. With HTC 10 metal I don't have to worry about taking it out of case this video proves that.

So you make a post complaining about how easily the phone scratched and how your charger cord tore and then you post pictures of ......................your battery usage? When you didn't say a damn thing about the battery usage? Yeah that make sense. Thanks for the awesome contribution. Glass phones break easier than metal phones? Revolutionary.

I scrolled alllll the way to the top expecting some crazy images of scratches and dings..... but then saw some app with battery usage... huh?

Glass shatters.. metals dings (and shows that nasty white underneath). Both will get marked up in some way, just depends on which kind grates you more..

I'd rather deal with a non-metal back + case vs an all metal back + no case, since my favorite tech in new smart phones (wireless charging) doesn't work on all metal phones.

I don't get what point you're trying to make with your pictures? Am I missing something? If your phone is sitting idle, the idle processes are going to drain most of your battery.. And I mean really, that third pic? You charged it enough to turn the phone on, unplugged it and loaded the monitor app.. I mean damn, that same pic shows your battery monitor had used nearly half as much power as the android OS. Second pic, I have no idea why you posted it, as it shows you hadn't charged it for 2 hours 15 mins, and only consumed 8% of your battery (assuming it was 100% to begin with. If you continued to use it as you had, you'd get nearly 30 hours of battery life between charges. Again, am I missing something?

So you make a post complaining about how easily the phone scratched and how your charger cord tore and then you post pictures of ......................your battery usage? When you didn't say a damn thing about the battery usage? Yeah that make sense. Thanks for the awesome contribution. Glass phones break easier than metal phones? Revolutionary.

I have a point it's not that complicated. I'm complaining about how awful TouchWiz is when it comes to being resource hog and battery drainer the screenshots are evidence for it.

Back