• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I'm really at a loss here...

diggƒreak

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
173
I really really need a new display. I've been using a 1997 IBM 16.1" CRT with my new build and it is crap. In dark games like FEAR it just wants to cut out at a certain black level and so you get those annoying red patches on the floor. It also takes up like half of my desk and I have to run my freaking desktop in 800x600 for fear of hurting my eyes with 60Hz 1024 (@_@)...

Anyway I've been researching LCDs for a while now and I have some guidelines:
1.19 inches
2.<= 8ms b/w
3.DVI
4.[500+]:1 contrast
5.95% rgb reproduction

The thing is I hav a Venice 3500+, 6600GT and a gig of ram so certian games just won't run at 1280x1024

I'm not willing to spend more than $400 shipped with a cable on this comp, as it has already pissed my mom off that I'm spending so much just to play games.

So do you have any suggestions?

I was thinking 940b but as the rebate has just ended some of the veiwsonic offerings are looking very good.

I'm not going to go for the hyundai becasue I want quality scaling hardware, don't worry I'm not the kind of nÜb that runs in non-native resolutions tho.

:D
 
Thanks man ;)

This forum is the most knowledgeable out there on real world LCD testing so I just need a couple suggestions from experience

At school we use Dell's crappy 17" analog panels, and they ghost like HELL (In SM during C++ class of course, lol). I also don't like the idea of my nooblet friends coming over to my house and saying, "omg u didn't build your computer it's just a gay dell lol"

If you have any suggestions I guess I'm open to anything (even a dell ) :rolleyes:
 
Sorry for double posting in advance, but this is a sepertate thought

I just realised that I can't get a 2405 because I wouldn't be able to run anything in the native res.. :(
 
J32P2006 said:
I say just buy this Samsung

or else.

I'm begging for a serious suggestion here...

I couldn't buy an Sli motherboard because I just spent $100 on a NF4u two months ago, and my dad would probably not let me use his credit card because he knows I'm doing it just for gaming performance...

I guess I just want to know if the 940b is still a logical choice
 
I guess I just want to know if the 940b is still a logical choice

Seriously
yes, it's actually at the top out of the 19" lcd's currently on the market.
I bet the screen looks better then my VX924.
 
diggƒreak said:
Is there a flaw in the VX924?

What panel would be higher at the top yet under $400?

They both are pretty good but mine has alot of blacklight bleeding that I feel is unexceptable.
And samsung is a good company with some real good lcd's.
That first one I told you to get, the 24" samsung. That's the one I'm working on getting soon.
 
O.K. on newegg that would be:
940b + 6ft DVI cable + shipping=
$362.47

Can anyone find it for cheaper?
Does it really not come with a frekin DVI cable?
 
Back
Top