I'm ready to jump off a bridge!!! Ongoing troubles with... Intel?

KevC

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright. Switched to an Enermax PSU same thing. Stripped the computer of each card one at a time.... failed memtest every time. Even at once I got rid of all opticals except one (to test memtest with) and all HDDs and other cards... same thing. Memtest failed.

OK, I read through this kinda quick, but just make sure you use memtest86 to test the memory. If so, then nevermind and move to next paragraph, hehe.

I really doubt it's your power supply. Antec has good quality and 350W is enough for your components. I doubt it's your CPU either. Here's a few things to consider and/or try:

1. Try a different MB and see what happens. Doesn't have to necessarily be the IC7.

2. To me it seems like the RAM might be flaky or you aren't putting them in the right slots. Of course, the new Intel-based MBs have them colored, so I could be wrong on this. Try two Corsair or Crucial sticks and see what happens. Make sure they match your FSB speed as well.

3. No matter what you try, please only use one HD and one CD-ROM device until the problem is fixed (oh, and floppy of course). Once no more problems, add devices until you have your complete system. Also, make sure all the bios settings are as they should be with each addition.

Good Luck!

Back