I'm on Vista with Video Playback problems (32bit)

Ahh crap, still no good... this is really weird.. I'm going to try redoing some video drivers soon if it doesn't clear up.

If you look at it long enough and cross you're eyes, you can see the picture in 3D.

j/k

Have you tried any other media players like VLC or Media Player Classic?

I have VLC on here.. and it won't even play on VLC which is odd since that player ran everything on my XP install.

Sounds like a video codec for .wmv files is bad or didn't install correctly.
Wonder if there is some way to check them in media player or is
there a dxdiag utility like in XP?

That would tell if there is a problem I beleive.

LOL at the name of your .jpg

also, just for my info, did you do a clean install or upgrade to VISTA?

I did a clean install to Vista.. Also, VLC media player just shows a black screen with nothing happening, but I can get audio in it.

I did a clean install to Vista.. Also, VLC media player just shows a black screen with nothing happening, but I can get audio in it.
Try changing the video mode. You can either do this in VLC preferences or going through the start menu if you had shortcuts made during install. You can choose between DirectX Direct3D and OpenGL (there's like 6 different options). Each time you change it you have to either restart VLC or press stop on the video then play again.

Try changing the video mode. You can either do this in VLC preferences or going through the start menu if you had shortcuts made during install. You can choose between DirectX Direct3D and OpenGL (there's like 6 different options). Each time you change it you have to either restart VLC or press stop on the video then play again.

Good freaking call my man. Worked out fine after I set it to OpenGL.

Fantastic..

Simple setting, but it fixed it entirely.

Back