Im looking for a case with an sli power supply

neloangelo

n00b
is there a case that comes with an sli power supply?

how big of a power supply would I need to use two X1950XTXs?

thanks to the ones who solves my problems

Yeah, anything DECENT over 500w will be good. No Superflower crap (although I've actually heart good things about superflower :))

Dark_Captain said:
thats way over kill....those r made for quad sli rigs

No its not. Its made for SLi/Quad SLi and Crossfire. The X1950XT is a heavily OC'ed R580 Core. And this PSU is not going to run at 1000w all the time. Its just going to Run at all the power your system needs.

for wat he's wanting to use its way over kill.1000w is crazy for a none quad,750 at most is more then enough

Dark_Captain said:
for wat he's wanting to use its way over kill.1000w is crazy for a none quad,750 at most is more then enough

All he said was Crossfired X1950XT. But he never said what his other parts are and is he going to OC. "a single X1900 XTX draws more power than a 7950 GX2, and X1900 XTX CrossFire is more power hungry than 7950 Quad SLI. " From Anandtech. I rather be safe then sorry. If you read some reviews under the 1000w pages some people cant even power their system with 750 walts.

No its not. Its made for SLi/Quad SLi and Crossfire. The X1950XT is a heavily OC'ed R580 Core. And this PSU is not going to run at 1000w all the time. Its just going to Run at all the power your system needs.

True, but with the ability to run at 1kw, the startup and maintennance currents would probably be higher.

Those two cards in crossfire will use about 375w in a worse case full load scenario.

get a seperate case and powersupply. I think most cases these days come without powersupplies, so you don't hurt your options

Okay I guess I should be more specific

This is what I want in my rig

am2 socket x2 4600
two X1950XTXs
ocz gold 2gb ram
20 inch monitor
so how much power do I need to run it?

is dark_captains statement correct? I thought a power supply thats sli ready just meant it had extra cords to power a second video card

thanks for the info and help so far

power.gif

^-- lol @ higher is better... but anyhow..

As you can see, a single 1950 draws approx. 215w. You can safely assume two of them in crossfire would draw 430, or somewhere near it. (usually a little less)

Right there for the video cards, you would need at least a 500w power supply if you wanted to power them only.. but you need to power the entire system, plus the cards.

I would say AT LEAST a 700w psu, if not the PCP&C 1kw to be for sure on the safe side. It has to be a good brand name psu with strong amp ratings as well. When you are gaming, especially if you are going to overclock, you need a really good quality PSU.

For TechPowerUp's review when they had two of the x1950XTX's in crossfire doing benchmarks, they used the OCZ 700w GameXtream, the same power supply I'm using. It held up just fine, and its a darn good price. The OCZ power supply is really good quality and has nicely setup cables. Its definetly worth it imo. If you read reviews on it, its nothing but good. You might come across the 12v "ripple" issue, but its nothing to be that concerned about. Its only 20mV or so out of spec at max load just shy of 700w. I work in a nuclear plant with much more sensitivie equipment than desktop pc's, and our electrical engineers say to only worry if something is more than 50mV out of spec.. thats on our more sensitive equipment.

Back