I'm interested.. But..

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
1,389
Alright, I have some spare PCs lieng around. And after reading the stickies I'm still a little confused to what this is all about.

Any information is appreciated.
 
Medical DC (what this forum is devoted to)--
using computers idle cycles to work on models, keys, proteins, and sequences that scientists want to understand, or look for "binders," or watch fold, or a host of other things. ... The power of using your idle cycles is that we, collectivly represent an amazing amount of processing power. Thus, more research can be done faster, and cheaper by far, than if they had a private supercomputer.

...and we get to use our/friends/works computers to their full potential.
...bummer to pay for 100% of the CPU, and then have it be idle 90%+ of the time. (remember running "Word" and "IE" only uses like 5% TOPS of a CPU while you are using them.)
... better to install any of Folding at Home/Find-A-Drug/United Devices/Distributed Folding and then have your computer DOING SOMETHING USEFUL while your not otherwise taxing it.


...

need more detail, ask :D
 
Back
Top