I'm impressed with the Apple wired keyboard

TotallyCool

Weaksauce
Impressed a lot more than I anticipated. Not the way it looks (I don't like the white keys), but the way it feels to type on the thing. It's comfortable, the feedback is great and it's precise and very fast.

I'm a fan of laptop type keyboards in general, and so haven't yet decided to invest in a really good mechanical keyboard (probably will one day), but out of the slim type keyboards this is the best I've yet had or tried. Didn't even buy it in an Apple store.

What are your opinions here on this keyboard? Anyone else a fan, even if they're not in the Apple ecosystem? Even if you've just tried it, what did you think? I know there are people here who know a lot more about keyboards than I do (a helluva lot more), so interested to hear some learned thoughts, since I may be talking out of pure ignorance. :)

Apple always spend a lot of time on the feel of things, It has always been that way. My room mate had an apple and his keyboard would make a soft click but it was firm. I found a similar one for the pc but the click was very loud. As you can see, apple spent time designing it so the click would not be annoying. Microsoft's stuff look high tech but they dont seem to spend time on minor things like that. The rest dont even bother with such things. Another thing with the apple stuff was the low travel. You did not have to press the keys as much to type on them. So it takes getting used to. All that takes a long time to test. not too much and not too little so you dont lose the feel of things.

I am also impressed with keyboard's deigns. I used alto of keyboards but I want to say this was the best one.

Impressed a lot more than I anticipated. Not the way it looks (I don't like the white keys), but the way it feels to type on the thing. It's comfortable, the feedback is great and it's precise and very fast.

I'm a fan of laptop type keyboards in general, and so haven't yet decided to invest in a really good mechanical keyboard (probably will one day), but out of the slim type keyboards this is the best I've yet had or tried. Didn't even buy it in an Apple store.

What are your opinions here on this keyboard? Anyone else a fan, even if they're not in the Apple ecosystem? Even if you've just tried it, what did you think? I know there are people here who know a lot more about keyboards than I do (a helluva lot more), so interested to hear some learned thoughts, since I may be talking out of pure ignorance. :)

Big fan. They look good, of course, but the real selling point is that they have a comfortable, quick feel without being overly noisy. One of the biggest things I'd miss if I switched from Mac to Windows would be that keyboard.

The logitech k810 is an awesome bluetooth keyboard. I use it with my ipad and iphone (easily swap between). Love it.

Short-travel scissor keys are the best. I don't know why anyone uses mechanical keyboards; they're idiotic.

I use a tenkeyless mechanical board for gaming. That's it. Gimme my HP Elite V2 for everything else.

Short-travel scissor keys are the best. I don't know why anyone uses mechanical keyboards; they're idiotic.

Maybe because we like to keep our keyboards clean, maybe we like the feel of the keyboard.

Apple wired keyword is a good keyboard. I use this keyboard every day at work and I beat the heck out of it, banging the keys as I type. It really does hold up well and it types very smoothly.

I agree with others that the thinkpad keyboards are the best laptop keyboards (I also own a macbook and can compare it with that). Too bad they don't make full size scissor-type desktop keyboards.

For the desktop, the best keyboard I've ever used is the Logitech UltraX Media keyboard. You can even wash it - too bad it's not in production anymore.

I've noticed that Logitech products' quality has really gone down in the last years :(

Back