I'm having a noob problem...

l337*g0at

Gawd
Hello there guys.
I recently got a sata drive for my little sisters computer to upgrade her a bit.
Before that she had only two IDE drives. One holds windows, and the other holds music and whatnot.
Anyhow, when I plugged in the 750gig drive I bought her I accidently plugged it into the sata raid instead of just the sata. (She has the same exact motherboard as I do in my sig)
Asus A8N-SLI Premium. I also bought her a sata dvd burner which I plugged into sata raid 2.

I was so tired I didn't even notice/remember that they needed to be plugged into the sata ports, not the sata raid.
Now when she/I access the hard drive it lags for a bit, and we hear the dvd burner rom spin up and then thats when we are able to access her data. I know how sata raid works, so I know why it's doing that.

What I need help with is this:

I've taken both the 750gig and dvd burner and moved them to the correct ports (sata connectors)
.. And thats when I run into problems.
Right before I'm about to get to the Vista bootscreen, I'm told that NTLDR is missing and to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to restart the computer.

If I plug them back into sata raid I can boot into Vista perfectly fine, but running a hd and a rom drive in raid is well.... We know... Idiotic.

So my question is: How or what setting do I mess with to have it boot properly when both the dvd burner rom and 750gig sata are plugged into the correct sata ports?
I've been though bios more times than I can count now, and the drives all show up, they're in the proper boot order.

I'm pretty sure if we could find her Vista cd I could load the files back onto the drive that way, but the fact is they arent missing. The computer is just looking in the wrong place for them, correct?

Without the Vista dvd, how do I go about getting this mess fixed?

Thanks in advance.

-g0at

If they were working off of the RAID SATA controller ports, why not keep them there? Its not like you setup a raid array with both the HDD and Optical drive. :p

lol. Very funny.

I don't want to keep them there because when she goes to access data off the 750gig, before the folders even appear, we have to wait for the damn dvd burner drive to start making noises as if it's spinning.

It's a real pain in the ass.

Back