Im going freaking crazy -_-

Mr.BrIaN

Limp Gawd
Well first the problem started when I turned on my comp and my sound wasnt working.. wtf? So I reinstalled drivers.. It works again. Was teaching my friend how to play Sc all of a sudden he reaver dropped me and my sound goes out again... GAH!!!! Reinstall drivers to no avail and to top it off I get a memory dump... Okay wtf......... so I look for a virus and my scanning stops at 5000 files or so so I reinstall norton anti virus and find no virus's. then I stqart looking around on internet explorer cuzz I got bored and the windows wont close and my google popup blocker isnt blocking popups.... ARGHHHHhhh. SO I put on my integraded sound and my sound works and whenever I try to close my windows it makes a beep sound.... =( Im using a soundblaster audigy mp3+ theres the rest of my stuff:

2533 p4 533 fsb
asus p4t533 mobo
1 gig kingston 1066 RD
9800 pro

temps are good cpu around 30 case 29
Volts are alright all within 5%

Should I just reformatt cuzz something isnt working.... This system has been stable for like ever and problems just started today...

Run memtest86. Run prime95, or something similar. Do a scandisk. Do a repair installation of Windows.

Run ad-aware, and spybot search and destroy, if you havn't already. Also download spyware blaster to keep the spyware away.

Im using firefox instead of IE and it works and im using integraded sound instead of my SB as a temp solution. I do use search and destory and adaware =(

do a search for *BHO*.* and see if any suspicious files comes up. If you find any files, search though this page and see if you can find a match, if you do, that page will also tell you how to correctly remove it. A lot of those "hijacking" adware are a bitch to remove, and ad-aware and such just don't do a through job. Just look for signs of what is taking over your computer. Look at the lower left corner of IE and see what it's searching for when you open pages, and that's probably the souce problem. Good luck w/ everything. If none of that works, do a backup and clean install of XP.

Back