I'm getting 3Mbps on a 200Mbps PowerLine..

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
I used to get around 25Mbps which was barely enough for streaming HD-DVD movies from my rig with an HD-DVD drive.

Now, after moving sockets, then moving back.. I'm getting around 3Mbps, 8Mbps max and sometimes up to 16Mbps, but rarely.

What do I do?

Some form of auto-negotiation going on? Check both sides to make sure speed and duplex match

More likely poor wiring somewhere on the circuit/plug you moved it to. One poorly wired outlet or bad outlet can really mess with those things. Even worse is if you moved it to an outlet that runs AC/micro/hair dryer- anything that draws constantly on the line. They are a neat idea, but why not use a Long Range access point/ wireless N?

Last edited:
Some form of auto-negotiation going on? Check both sides to make sure speed and duplex match

And that means what in English? :D

More likely poor wiring somewhere on the circuit/plug you moved it to. One poorly wired outlet or bad outlet can really mess with those things. Even worse is if you moved it to an outlet that runs AC/micro/hair dryer- anything that draws constantly on the line. The are a neat idea, but why not use a Long Range access point/ wireless N?

Wireless N works fine for the other rooms, but this HTPC is too far.

It's a double-socket where the modem is. One has a 4-way splitter that connects my NAS, modem, etc. and the other is for the Powerline.

I just don't get how it could have dropped from 30Mbps to 3Mbps..

Missed the "moved back to" part. Is there a way to reset them? Is there any way to plug it straight in to the wall socket? Some powerstrips have filters.

Missed the "moved back to" part. Is there a way to reset them? Is there any way to plug it straight in to the wall socket? Some powerstrips have filters.

suppose to be directly in the wall, stated right in the instructions :0 NO POWER STRIPS OR POWER BARS or power adapters..

suppose to be directly in the wall, stated right in the instructions :0 NO POWER STRIPS OR POWER BARS or power adapters..

That's the weird part.

Same socket, on a power strip, I get 30Mbps.

Maybe it was a fluke? If so, what caused it?

Back