I'm an noob at overclocking...

I've been reading a bit about overclocking and trying to get my feet wet at it. My system configuration is as following, look at my sig. Anyone have a similar setup and stir me to the right path in overclocking my system a bit. Right now everything is at factory setting and bone stock.

TIA

I've been reading a bit about overclocking and trying to get my feet wet at it. My system configuration is as following, look at my sig. Anyone have a similar setup and stir me to the right path in overclocking my system a bit. Right now everything is at factory setting and bone stock.

TIA

first read the guides ( thatz what i did ), they are the stickies of this section... try it urself and if u start getting troubles... then u can give us more information then we can try help u out... secondly... bumping ur own post like that usually doesnt help much ( just a word of advise ;) )

Up your multiplier and voltage.

And read the FAQ. There's also thing called Google. Your CPU has quite a following.

Thanks guys! I'll try to narrow down the articles specify to my configuration. I guess I a bit intimidate by the bios setting. In the ASUS bios they have this AI overclocking utility and it's befuddle me :) But yeah thanks for the advice :)

Rule is to not use autoclocking crap. Do it yourself or don't do it at all. Voltage, multiplier and um, forgot what the AMD term was... the one that raises the ___, similar to Intel's FSB (but not FSB since AMD doesn't have one..)

Back