I'm About To Kill My WRT54G v5.

OK. My WRT54G v5 works for the PC it's hooked up to via ethernet. It works for the laptop that's using a Linksys WiFi PCMCIA card. However, my Nintendo DS won't work with it! Says it isn't compatible with its security settings. How do I fix this and retain wireless functionality with the laptop?

Are you using WPA-PSK? If so I don't believe that the DS is compatible with that encryption. If you are running WPA-PSK try WEP instead.

How do I switch it over? Pretend I bought this thing for $20 off Craigslist and it didn't come with any documentation whatsoever.

stryder2720 said:
If you are running WPA-PSK try WEP instead.

Or buy yourself the cheapest wireless router you can find and separate the networks into secure and unsecure, because that's what running WEP would be.

I have no idea what I'm doing, the light on the front thtsa says ":Secure setup" is white, and I still can't play my DS online. GNAR KILL

Instead of complaining that you have no idea what you're doing how about going to the Linksys website and getting the manual for the router and figuring out how to change the wireless security settings yourself? Really you should learn about the piece of equipment that has the ability to leave your network and personal data completely open to anyone.

Back