I'm About To Kill My WRT54G v5.

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Red Machine D, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Red Machine D

Red Machine D Gawd

OK. My WRT54G v5 works for the PC it's hooked up to via ethernet. It works for the laptop that's using a Linksys WiFi PCMCIA card. However, my Nintendo DS won't work with it! Says it isn't compatible with its security settings. How do I fix this and retain wireless functionality with the laptop?

2. stryder2720

stryder2720 [H]ardness Supreme

Are you using WPA-PSK? If so I don't believe that the DS is compatible with that encryption. If you are running WPA-PSK try WEP instead.

3. Red Machine D

Red Machine D Gawd

How do I switch it over? Pretend I bought this thing for $20 off Craigslist and it didn't come with any documentation whatsoever.

4. Malk-a-mite

Malk-a-mite [H]ard|Gawd

Or buy yourself the cheapest wireless router you can find and separate the networks into secure and unsecure, because that's what running WEP would be.

5. Red Machine D

Red Machine D Gawd

I have no idea what I'm doing, the light on the front thtsa says ":Secure setup" is white, and I still can't play my DS online. GNAR KILL

6. Arch

Arch Gawd

Instead of complaining that you have no idea what you're doing how about going to the Linksys website and getting the manual for the router and figuring out how to change the wireless security settings yourself? Really you should learn about the piece of equipment that has the ability to leave your network and personal data completely open to anyone.