simonabram86
n00b
- Joined
- Jun 18, 2009
- Messages
- 12
My current air-cooled specs:
- Asus Rampage 2 Extreme Mobo
- Intel core i7 920
- GSkill 6Gigs DDR3 (1600MHz)
- 2x EVGA GTX 275 in SLI
-1100 Watt ABS Tagan PSU
- Xigmatek Dark Knight Heatsink + Zalman thermal compound
I feel like my setup needs to go further than 3.8GHz on air. I paid $400 for this mobo, and I am now ready to step it up and watercool it. But this will be my first watercool attempt, so i need tips and advice from you experts. (i've built 3 pcs so far, so i'm not really an expert, but i know enough.)
I have a list of parts that i might be getting.
-Swiftech Apogee GTZ w/ 1366 backplate.
-Swiftech MCP655 Pump
-Swiftech Reservoir
- Feser X-Changer 360mm Xtreme Performance Radiator - Thermochill Killers! (paired w/ 3x Antec tricool 120mm fans) possibly some more fans for push n pull
- a flow meter
- 5ft Koolance Tubing, Blue UV-Reactive PVC, 1ft/30.5cm [ID: 13mm (1/2"); OD: 16mm (5/8")]
-Lots of Koolance Reusable Hose Clamp [16mm, 5/8" OD]
- Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Blue - 1 Liter
- Arctic Silver 5 Compound
That's what i have in my list, I need to know if they are all compatible, or what else do i need??
And i've been wondering how does a Watercooling system work? (ex: where does the water start & which direction it flows, etc)
I appreciate all advice and answers
Thank You.
- Asus Rampage 2 Extreme Mobo
- Intel core i7 920
- GSkill 6Gigs DDR3 (1600MHz)
- 2x EVGA GTX 275 in SLI
-1100 Watt ABS Tagan PSU
- Xigmatek Dark Knight Heatsink + Zalman thermal compound
I feel like my setup needs to go further than 3.8GHz on air. I paid $400 for this mobo, and I am now ready to step it up and watercool it. But this will be my first watercool attempt, so i need tips and advice from you experts. (i've built 3 pcs so far, so i'm not really an expert, but i know enough.)
I have a list of parts that i might be getting.
-Swiftech Apogee GTZ w/ 1366 backplate.
-Swiftech MCP655 Pump
-Swiftech Reservoir
- Feser X-Changer 360mm Xtreme Performance Radiator - Thermochill Killers! (paired w/ 3x Antec tricool 120mm fans) possibly some more fans for push n pull
- a flow meter
- 5ft Koolance Tubing, Blue UV-Reactive PVC, 1ft/30.5cm [ID: 13mm (1/2"); OD: 16mm (5/8")]
-Lots of Koolance Reusable Hose Clamp [16mm, 5/8" OD]
- Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Blue - 1 Liter
- Arctic Silver 5 Compound
That's what i have in my list, I need to know if they are all compatible, or what else do i need??
And i've been wondering how does a Watercooling system work? (ex: where does the water start & which direction it flows, etc)
I appreciate all advice and answers
Thank You.