I'm a convert

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
For the last 5 years that I've been working in IT I've always dismissed Mac's out of hand as being for "finger amputee's" only.

This week however I got a delivery to work and now have 3 Dual Processor G5's and 3 20" Cinema Screens on my desk and I'm having a whale of a time with them, it almost seems a shame to give them over to users.

So as a semi convert I apologise to all you Mac users that I have mercilessly ribbed over the years about using Mac's. It seems that your arguement might have had merit................ I just failed to realise this as I was too busy stamping your head into the pavement for trying to put one on my network.

Good to see that Microsoft is keeping up with tradition and completely ripping off OSX with Longhorn though.

Oh and my opinion is subject to change should Lotus Notes r6 not start working properly :)

Hi

I used macs for 5 years when I worked for the "media services" dept at a large hospital. (this was back with system 7 and 8)

I have since been in the I.T. dept for 2 or 3 years at the same hospital. I never thought much of macs - although I was always curious about OS X

Well - same thing, we got in two G5 Dual cpu machines with 23 inch Cinema displays at work. Just looking at the G5 case/inards alone was enough to get me really and I mean really turned on. It is one sexy computer. It's very clean and well designed.

After almost buying one from apple, I instead bought a used G4 AGP 400mhz Tower off of Ebay for $325. I've already added the following that I had laying around, left over from previous PC's:
40gig 8meg cache, 7200rpm IDE drive. Zip 250 internal, Yamaha 2200 IDE CDRW, Radeon 8500 64meg Video card.

Next up is a CPU upgrade - probably around 1.2ghz

I'm no "convert" or switcher though. :) I'm a switcher back and forther

I guess I am bored with Windows so exploring OS X is giving me something to do

Back