I'm a bad owner

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
I didn't realize how much I've been neglecting my pc. I'm going to clean it now and change the MB in hopes of getting a 5000 series CPU.

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

I didn't realize how much I've been neglecting my pc. I'm going to clean it now and change the MB in hopes of getting a 5000 series CPU.

View attachment 299832View attachment 299833View attachment 299834View attachment 299835
Honestly it is not that bad compared to the average consumer. I recently went to fix a friend's computer and GG you would not believe how filthy it was. The front intake was completely clogged with dust and so was the inside. While playing games with my ex she kept dropping out and telling me her computer just shuts off after a few mins. I go over there and her HSF was completely clogged with dust.

Lol I am surprised my O11 xl that I recently took apart was pretty damn clean after over a year of use. Keeping a computer off the floor makes a huge difference especially when you have pets.
My O11 Dynamic XL sits on the top right side of my desk so I see it all day long...I have to use my air blower weekly on it just to satisfy my OCD.

My O11 Dynamic XL sits on the top right side of my desk so I see it all day long...I have to use my air blower weekly on it just to satisfy my OCD.
I really don't touch the inside of my case til I need to upgrade or change something out.

i havent touched the inside of the case since i added the second kit of ram almost a year ago. it is off the floor, but i do leave it on 24/7.

I really don't touch the inside of my case til I need to upgrade or change something out.
Speaking of upgrading...If I can ever get a 5950X without going through the insanity of last year I'll likely replace my O11 XL/3950X/2080 Waterforce build with a 5950X/6900XT in the O11 NON-XL case I have on a shelf

i plan on going h150 when i get a 5900x. when that happens i will move the top two fans to the bottom so there will be three.

A good cleaning indicator is when your system becomes unstable from the thermal paste hardening and doing more insulating than conducting :)

And by that time your fans might be a bit clogged as well...

I feel much better

Where are your dust filters? I just got this case in white and every entry/exit has magnetic dust filters except the rear (which is expected).
That would help reduce that alot, secondarily also I'm sure you dislike the front fan aesthetics but I would really recommend having those side fans as intakes rather than exhaust.
You would have positive air pressure in that configuration that would reduce dust draw from the bottom.

I think the dust filters are in the box. Usually I clean my pc enough that it isn’t an issue. I just haven cracked the case in a long time because of the lack of upgrades.
I was running the fans the other way when I got the system. I really didn’t like the look so I flipped them. The temps really didn’t change more than 1c, so I left them. It just looks better.

I think the dust filters are in the box. Usually I clean my pc enough that it isn’t an issue. I just haven cracked the case in a long time because of the lack of upgrades.
I was running the fans the other way when I got the system. I really didn’t like the look so I flipped them. The temps really didn’t change more than 1c, so I left them. It just looks better.
I figured, its just with the full negative pressure you need the filter on the bottom (and one on the back too ideally).
Or fair enough you could just clean it often :)

Back