• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

illegal DLL Relocation?

Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
31
I hope I am posting this in the right location. I started up my computer today to be flashed with an error I am unfamiliar with. It causes my computer to shut down completly after about 15 minutes, active or not. The error reads as follows: "The system DLL was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

Like I said, I've never seen an error like this. I've run several different virus and ad aware scans with nothing coming up.. just in case it was some outside worm or something. Any one familiar with this? Any advice? I'd appreciate any input or suggestion on what to do.
 
I also got this error message today concerning my audio driver. I remember doing an "Install updates and shutdown" last night before I went to bed and when I started up my computer this morning I got that error message. I just reverted back to my restore point from yesterday before the updates were installed and it works fine now. Stupid windows updates...
 
Back
Top