iIts not formatted?

killerasp

Gawd
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
963
OH god. I dont need this.

I have a segate 120 gig HD that i havent plugged in the last month. I hook it up today and windows XP tells me: "Drive not formatted. Would you like to format it now?" My jaw dropped when that came up. I thought that maybe the IDE cable was busted or the jumper was set wrong. But everything was right. I didnt drop it or kick it. I left it in my case unplugged until today.

I got a copy of On Track Easy Recovery Pro which im using to run a diagnostic on the HD. The quick diagnostic didnt show anything so im running a full diagnostic now.

Has anyone ever had this type of problem happen to them? I am at a loss of words right now. I have 2 years worth my college life on that drive that i need back. oh god..i think just might cry.
 
I don't have any advice on whether or not your drive is ruined or not. But I had a hard drive die on me. I used GetDataBack, it cost like $70 or $80. It took about 8 hours, but it recovered every file on my hard drive. It helped ease my pain.
 
Back
Top