iFixit Terminates Self-Repair Deal With Samsung

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/ifixit-terminates-self-repair-deal-with-samsung

iFixit says that the high prices encouraged some Samsung users to upgrade their phones instead of repairing them, contrary to iFixit's mission. The company had to conclude that Samsung's lip service for repairability was not sufficient to support the Repair Hub. As a result, the partnership will end in June 2024. The site will no longer get official parts directly from Samsung, but it will continue to stock a variety of components for Samsung hardware, both official and aftermarket. The guides iFixit produced under the program will remain online but won't make any new repair manuals for Samsung devices.

Very typical unfortunately. I would rather repair my devices than to replace. Usually I can't because I can't get quality parts. For example, aftermarket replacement batteries are usually junk. OEM ones are usually not obtainable or better yet counterfeit.

The landfills need business too ya know. Besides that the planets resources will never run out.
Electronic recycling is big business, as is Landfill reclamation. Lots of valuable minerals and materials found in older landfills.

In North America most old landfills were paved over and turned into urban development projects and housing subdivisions. But elsewhere in the world where they couldn’t or didn’t do that those landfills are proving to be rich in valuable metals and chemicals.

Back