• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ifi Zen Dac Amp v2

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
26,430








Is this thing any good? Z Reviews had it as his most recommended product a year ago I guess it's good for gaming.
 
Last edited:
I picked one up I never bought this type of stuff before unless you count the few Soundblaster cards I picked up. Should be here tomorrow ordered from World Wide Audio off Amazon they had the fastest shipping. I only have 5 sets of headphones gave away like 3 sets to my Nephews which I have 3 of but they were really dated headphones. I still own x3 sets of Cloud Alphas one set of Razer Blacksharks which sound like ass and one set of Senns Jubilees which are good but don't like them for games. Just don't like the pads on them never thought of replacing them. I might pick up the latest Headphones or nothing at all if this Amp sounds really good like Zeos says.
 
Last edited:
I tired hooking this up with both Speakers and Headphones I think I'll just use it for Speakers cause my Onboard is good enough. I fired up a few games the last game just a few minutes ago was Warhammer Darktide. With the Bass off and the Power Match button off I could hear my character digging his foot into ground it's that clean otherwise I could never hear that in a game. You know that airy feel you get with some headphones sometimes you can feel the sound in your eardrum you get that all the time with these are that tuned in.
Be carefull though because if you accidently turn the volume knob up too high might damage your ears it's pretty safe with the Bass and Power Match button off though.

I'm probably the least qualified person to review this but it's pretty good I didn't think a USB connection would be that good but I guess it's good as anything.

I tired my Senns which are better but I don't really like the feel of them on my head so my Hyper X Alphas are going to me my main drivers.
 
Last edited:
I would like a set of Focal Headphone might get some used ones off eBay they are like 700.00 on drop way too much for something that might fail.

Picked up some longer cables for this thing off Amazon.
 
I have a iFi Black Label Headphone DAC the past three years. I've enjoyed it. Plenty of power. Good customer service too.
 
I have a audio RCA cable in the mail going to see how this works with my Edifiers the cable included was a foot long think this is four feet.
 
I tried this with a longer RCA cable just not as good as my on board it would work if the port went bad I like the fact I'm not wearing out the audio ports on my case I unplug them alot. I ruined my Cooler master Enforcer case already ports twice front bad front audio ports. I even had a backup front panel.

I just need to get my hands on some good headphones I have Seems but hate them because they don't do anything for me reason why I'm looking at Focals.
 
I'm done with Headphone Amps the problem is you turn it up then you forget it's turned up them Bam it's The front Row of Metallica blowing your ear drums out. My ears have been ringing for a few weeks now hell them might be damaged. Sticking to onboard and the Maswell that uses USB.

Update: going to use it again this time I have it directly in front of my monitor so I can see the dial knob. Before I had it on my PC used an extension USB A to USB B connector which is longer than stock cable.
 
Last edited:
I might be picking up a ifi Zen Dac v3
I heard the X Bass Boost is crazy. The V2 works great with my Edifiers
 
Picked up the Zen Dac V3 this week the Fosi K7 is ok but its kinda harsh. Hoping the V3 is a improvement.
 
Picked up the Zen Dac V3 this week the Fosi K7 is ok but its kinda harsh. Hoping the V3 is an improvement.
How is it? I heard it colors the sound a bit? Is that true?

I listened to it only once so not sure if that is an issue or a good thing.
 
I just tried it out a second ago the Bass is pretty heavy but it goes out the regular speakers along with the Sub. It doesn't sound offensive like someone said with headphones.
The X-Bass melds with the music I thought it would just be distracting bass at first. It might be bad with headphones I duno I'm using USB Hypercloud Alpha-S for headphones.
Just because they don't make my ears ring too much.

at first I thought the thing was broken I hooked it up and it was going full volume I just had to reset my PC once.
 
This thing powers off actually when the PC is off same with my T5S Edifier Sub which has a green led light and it turns red when it's powered off otherwise the V2 led light is powered on the entire time the PC is off.
 
Can't wait to try this on BL 4 tomorrow already sounds better than my Edifier 350db set. Stuck at lame Walmart right now.
 
Found that the USB-C connection has less latency in games I was using USB-C to USB-A but a USB-C to USB-C is much better in Borderlands 4 anyway.
Was getting stutters before. The problem is I only have one USB-C port on my motherboard I know Modern ones have 2-4 or more.
 
Sound causing stutters due to latency? That is new? This is with ifi dac v3? Which dac are you finally keeping?
 
Sound causing stutters due to latency? That is new? This is with ifi dac v3? Which dac are you finally keeping?
Could happen if you are having buffer issues. Well, I dunno about visual stuttering (most games should have the audio on a different thread nowadays, and use sane synchronization methods), but audio stuttering is certainly possible, among other artifacts.
 
Just use USB-C I only have one USB port on my PC and ATX case so just added a expansion slot for one usb port more I figure a direct MB connection is the only way to get good audio.
 
Just use USB-C I only have one USB port on my PC and ATX case so just added a expansion slot for one usb port more I figure a direct MB connection is the only way to get good audio.
Actually I ended up cancelling and ordering a Topping DX5 II instead lol.
 
Back
Top