If you were building a new computer for Diablo 3

and the only thing missing from it now were the video card would you go with the GTX590 or wait for the Kepler series? (I'm in this predicament)

Thank you guys, I remember hearing awhile back that kepler would be here in November but considering nvidia was late on the last series i'm not so sure now, and now here D3 is right around the corner and I just wish I could see into the future at which would arrive first lol

Are you seriously considering a GTX 590 for Diablo 3? That game will probably run fine maxed @ 1080p + AA/AF on a GTX 560 or better.

Are you seriously considering a GTX 590 for Diablo 3? That game will probably run fine maxed @ 1080p + AA/AF on a GTX 560 or better.

+1 i say buy something for the meanwhile and then transition to kepler. Just wondering what your current graphics card is?

I wouldn't buy or consider anything until the game actually gets released or benchmarked.

Sure it'll probably run fine on the mid-range cards we have now, but it seems silly to over-invest or under-invest before the game even comes out.

If you're building a new computer for diablo 3, I have an old TNT 2 ULTRA that will do you fine ;) Seriously dude, Blizzard uses graphics that will run on a wide array of hardware so they can shovel their games to as many people as possible. These are not cutting edge graphics by any means. Pretty much any newer higher end video card will max this game out at ease.

Yeah for those who may not be aware, blizzard is notorious for being fairly budget friendly. They always use low resolutions, plenty of quality settings, etc.

I am only on a GT 430 right now and id anticipate that being a very playable and decent low end solution for the game. This is a video card I got for $15AR. I doubt they will have super highly demanding requirements. Blizzard is usually smart and knows not everyone runs fast computers.

Just look at diablo 2. Their max resolution was 800x600. And before the patches, the max res was 640x480(was that before the expansion pack?).

I think the last major demo showed it running perfectly on a GTX260 at one of the blizzcon's a while back.

I will have to go find a link to their post but a blizzard rep (I believe it was bashiok) said that their demo machines use gtx 460's to run it on max settings at 1080p. he also said however that those machines were overkill and that they only use such "hardcore rigs" to ensure that everything runs smoothly no matter what.

so yeah a gtx 590 would be overkill.

my personal advice would be to get a good gtx 580 (rog matrix platinum/ MSI Lightning/Gigabyte SOC)
and overclock the shit out of it. with a 20% oc you will get very near gtx 590 performance for several hundred dollars less and will easily be able to max everything for the next couple years (I get 60+ fps in bf 3 on ultra with fxaa on); and you won't have to play the waiting game.

yeah you could wait for keppler but you could easily end up waiting for a year or you could just get your game on now with a card that will be more than adequate till maxwell comes out in 2014 or w/e.

Buy the 120-150$ card of your choice and be done with it. If you plan on going with higher resolution or forcing some AA then stay towards the upper end of that range.

If you plan to play any other games then obviously you may want a more powerful card, otherwise that should suffice.

Waiting 8 months to play a game just so you can play it well? Seems a bit of a stretch. I'd buy something now if you don't already have high-end hardware, or failing that, at least only wait until the HD7 series.

Back