If you preordered a PS4 after August 5th, you are not guaranteed a PS4 on launch day.

June 20th here I hope I don't get a R-rod sony style cause the lacked QC on the things =)

I mean if you owned a PS3 fat that was a dud for a lot of people
if you still own a Original X-box that is a Miracle in it's own right.

That was the 60gb fully back compatible version. The non back compatible ones are golden. Don't know anyone with a non back compatible fat that burned out, bought mine in 08 still going strong

I for one didn't see this happening. The only real problem I for see this causing is if they can't fulfill pre orders how are they going to have a launch? They will have to release some outside of the pre0rder so they can have a launch. This should make people who preordered a little pist. But its a good kind of pist. The more popular your system the better. Don't want to get stuck with a 3DO.

I would imagine there isn't very many people willing to settle on an Xone simply because they can't get a PS4 on launch either.

this is simply going to increase demand on PS4 even further.

we'll likely see this shit blow up on ebay.

hey now, the 3do was actually a pretty good system, atleast game wise.

hey now, the 3do was actually a pretty good system, atleast game wise.

Which proves my point. Popularity is all that really matters when it comes to consoles. Look at the Wii and the DreamCast. The wii is a peice of shit and popular and dreamcast was awesome but not popular. A lot goes into popularity beyond performance specs.

i preordered it the minute it went available, was watching the conference and when they announced the msrp i went to amazon and refreshed the page, hit the preorder without thinking

I used gift cards to buy a Vita to use for Remote Play on the PS4. Unfortunately it is going back due to terrible ergonomics (for my hands anyway) and a blotchy screen. Guess I am going to have to walk like 20 feet over to the TV to play games when the PS4 comes out now :(

Which proves my point. Popularity is all that really matters when it comes to consoles. Look at the Wii and the DreamCast. The wii is a peice of shit and popular and dreamcast was awesome but not popular. A lot goes into popularity beyond performance specs.

Though the dreamcast had a very successful launch and sold well up till the ps2 came out. Sega had 2 big issues. 1) sega lost alot of resources from 2 past failures (32x and saturn) and 2) It was an easy system to pirate games. Also the company president wanted out of hardware and to focus on software..

Back