• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

If you had the option...

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
4,308
So I have a XFX 5870 XXX right now.

The question is, if you had the chance to get a pair of GTX 470's for about the same price as it would be to get a second 5870, what would you do?

Simple enough question, please keep it civil. :)
 
I would get the two 470s, turn around and sell them, and then buy another 5870.

Two 470s will not outperform two 5870s, but will definitely be louder.
 
I would get the two 470s, turn around and sell them, and then buy another 5870.

Two 470s will not outperform two 5870s, but will definitely be louder.
This. Also, ITT:
images
 
I 2nd the do it and sell them thing. Then get another 5870 and still come out way ahead.
 
Get them, sell all three cards, buy two GTX 480's.

Two GTX 480's > Two 5870's in more games than Two 5870's > Two GTX 480's.

And going into the future, the 480's have a little more headroom.

You could also tri-fire the 5870's, but I believe you'll have diminishing returns.
 
Back
Top