If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

doesnt say anywhere on there whether it it is stock or not. i'd call first

Well I ordered and I have a tracking number for 40 pounds of worth of box. I hope it's the monitors I ordered! I figured I would order and they would cancel because every where else is out of stock. When I got the tracking number I was very happy. I've had one of these for the last two years and have been very happy. Looking at any other monitor just makes me want to go home and look at my 20WMGX2. :D

I might try Directron tomorrow, after I confirm that I got my refund from etech.

And to those who already have one: Please, be nice! We all want one too :(

I placed an order with Directron on Wens., they canceled that afternoon, saying that it wasn't in stock, and they didn't know when they would get more.

Now they are shiping them to orders on Thur., and having a 72 Hour Sale for $189.

I wonder if they bought all 200.

Also use code SUPER150 at Directron to save an additional $5

I ordered agian, hopefuly they ship this time.

I placed an order with Directron on Wens., they canceled that afternoon, saying that it wasn't in stock, and they didn't know when they would get more.

Now they are shiping them to orders on Thur., and having a 72 Hour Sale for $189.

I wonder if they bought all 200.

Also use code SUPER150 at Directron to save an additional $5

I ordered agian, hopefuly they ship this time.

Arrggg! They put them on sale after I order two? Well my two boxes are in route and I'm refreshing at UPS too often to keep track of there progress. I'll hold off on ordering more until I get the two in next week.

Oh, I only have 20 pounds worth of boxes. I thought I had two twenty pounds boxes coming my way, but it was two ten pound boxes. Sorry for the confusion. The monitors in box only weight about 10 pounds.

even tho they're "refurbs" i bought two and they both came with <50 hours on the panel. Not a blemish on either of them. one didnt come with the remote tho. Not everyone has been as lucky as me though, so it is somewhat of a gamble. Great thing is NEC's awesome customer support, so cant really go wrong.

Just ordered mine from Directron for $203 - after they apply the discount, it should be $193. That is, if it ever ships :(

I got a call from Etech that said they were no longer in stock so they had to cancel my order. The guy said they'd probably have more in a couple of weeks. I guess take that with a grain of salt?

Got my order of 4 last week. Panels in great conditions, but ALL of them have backlight bleeding. Hours ranged from 30 to 2500hours. None came with the remote, only power, audio and VGA cable

Contacted NEC support, getting them fixed with free shipping both ways. I LOVE NEC!!!

man..I should've ordered more....

quickpick:

Got my order of 4 last week. Panels in great conditions, but ALL of them have backlight bleeding. Hours ranged from 30 to 2500hours.

Contacted NEC support, getting them fixed with free shipping both ways. I LOVE NEC!!!

man..I should've ordered more....

This interests me. Did you just tell NEC support about the backlight bleed and they offered to repair them and give free shipping?

I honestly didn't know it was a fixable problem.

Not sure if my monitor came yet as I'm not at home but if there is no remote is there a way of getting one sent? :confused:

I just ordered two from Directron today and I already have a shipping number.

http://www.directron.com/re20wmgx2bk.html

Hope that no one orders 200 from them because I might pick up more once I get the two I ordered in and if they check out.

Guys, these sites are getting the monitors... were getting the monitors from the same source in all likelihood, they are just different storefronts that have a common tap. Alot of attention was called upon these screens, many got into good hands. That is good. Some saw fit to order throngs of the screen to waste on people who would likely not know or care what the difference was, kind of wasteful in my view, but to each is own. And then there is some mysterious entity that swallowed up a mass amount of the inventory. Who knows if this is really true or to what purpose, I just hope those screens are appreciated. Seeing these gobbled up to look at text in an office would make my eye twitch, such is the depth of the waste.

I'm trying to decide if I want to order another one of these monitors from Directron or if I want to play 300 - 350 on eBay for a supposedly new monitor that has the remote and manual included.

I'm trying to decide if I want to order another one of these monitors from Directron or if I want to play 300 - 350 on eBay for a supposedly new monitor that has the remote and manual included.

300 for a new sealed monitor is a steal IMO

Well, it's not sealed. Here is the description:

" This item is working. This item is in the original box.
This item appears to be brand new with no apparent damage. The product is in unused 'new' condition."

I'm afraid the bidding on this monitor could drive it over $400 and by then I would've missed out on the refurb monitors at Directron.

This is indeed temping, I may have to get one.

The problem is I just bought a 2253BW which is good, but I am not 100% satisfied with it, so I'd have to take it back.

The only questions I have are:

Will I notice any difference from 22" to 20"? Other than size of course, does anyone have one of these or another 20" monitor next to a 22" so I can compare in size exactly. I noticed while at the store a 19" seemed really tiny, however it wasn't a wide screen so that could of had something to do with it.

Is a glossy screen better than a matte one, or is it just personal preference? Is the glossy screen actually more like a CRT screen being one whole piece and easier to manage/clean?

I know that being a better panel than a TN it will have better viewing angles and better color display, so those are a plus. I'm just more worried about the questions I have above.

Sorry for all the questions I just don't have a lot of experience with LCDs however I am aware of all the problems they have. I just want to make sure I am getting a good product.

This is indeed temping, I may have to get one.

The problem is I just bought a 2253BW which is good, but I am not 100% satisfied with it, so I'd have to take it back.

The only questions I have are:

Will I notice any difference from 22" to 20"? Other than size of course, does anyone have one of these or another 20" monitor next to a 22" so I can compare in size exactly. I noticed while at the store a 19" seemed really tiny, however it wasn't a wide screen so that could of had something to do with it.

Is a glossy screen better than a matte one, or is it just personal preference? Is the glossy screen actually more like a CRT screen being one whole piece and easier to manage/clean?

I know that being a better panel than a TN it will have better viewing angles and better color display, so those are a plus. I'm just more worried about the questions I have above.

Sorry for all the questions I just don't have a lot of experience with LCDs however I am aware of all the problems they have. I just want to make sure I am getting a good product.

For me 20" is perfect. 22" was nice, but it was almost too big. I know a lot of others would disagree. The resolution on most 20" and 22" monitors is exactly the same. To get a monitor that's capable of 1080p you will probably have to go with a 24". So... I see no reason for you not to get this monitor instead. I doubt you will notice the missing 2 inches.

Glossy screens are supposedly better for color reproduction but some people don't like them because they are more reflective. I don't mind them at all. I don't know if they are any easier to clean then a typical LCD screen.

Glossy screens are supposedly better for color reproduction

Actually matte screens offer truer color fidelity. Glossy screens give a sense of deeper blacks and richer colors, but in doing so kind of hype them up and alter them. That's why all these Eizos and high end 30" screens are coming out in matte finish. A good analogy is a sRGB/6500k color temperature's importance in production versus the often better liked 9300k, which amps up blues and cooler colors keeping consumers from feeling like greys are yellowed.

The color reproduction is still only as good as the manufacturing and calibration on either finish. I work with a variety of design and picked up this monitor as a good looking wall mount for my little green torrent machine because glossy is just fun to look at. It really is one of the best glossy screens I've laid eyes on.

Actually matte screens offer truer color fidelity. Glossy screens give a sense of deeper blacks and richer colors, but in doing so kind of hype them up and alter them. That's why all these Eizos and high end 30" screens are coming out in matte finish. A good analogy is a sRGB/6500k color temperature's importance in production versus the often better liked 9300k, which amps up blues and cooler colors keeping consumers from feeling like greys are yellowed.

The color reproduction is still only as good as the manufacturing and calibration on either finish. I work with a variety of design and picked up this monitor as a good looking wall mount for my little green torrent machine because glossy is just fun to look at. It really is one of the best glossy screens I've laid eyes on.

Ah, that makes sense.

The AG coating has nothing to do with color accuracy. Matte coatings have softer tones due to diffusion, while Gloss coats have sharper appearance due to lack of diffusion. Color reprodution is a product of the panel and backlight used.

Do any of these monitors not have pixel-walk?

Is pixel-walk something that can be repaired?

Would they use the service menu that says it will void my warranty?

Do any of these monitors not have pixel-walk?

Is pixel-walk something that can be repaired?

Would they use the service menu that says it will void my warranty?

Pixel walk is a symptom of poor voltage regulation, but can also appear as an artifact from overdrive (over volting the pixels). Mine has it on 4a or 4b (depending on the position) of this test...

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

As far as I know it can in theory be "repaired" if in this case it is an actual defect. Now I noticed it was much worse over VGA than with DVI, especially on any grey background. Over DVI I don't see it anywhere except that test page. I bought this 20WMGX2 from newegg back in Nov. of '07, and it has always been the same.

I get the same thing on 4a or 4b depending on position on my HP f2105 as well, but it's minor and not very strong.

Always get yours first before you tell everyone else. If you don't, you could risk not getting one at all.

got mine today from etech4sale, with remote, and everything else other then the manual and dvi cable 292 hours, and it looks like its in perfect condition, how do I calibrate this thing 0.0

any experienced users input?
advanced dv mode?
Im using it in move mode right now as it looks pretty good at 50/50

would NEC replace/repair the monitor based on the backlight bleeding? it's pretty severe up top in once place,

otherwise the monitor is perfect, I did notice however with the dv mode in anything other then standard I get colour banding, is that normal?

just received mine from etech shipped to Canada. 7 Hours! no dead pixels, more testing to be done. Came with Remote, but no DVI cable.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get aspect ratio scaling with DVI?

The "expansion" menu is empty (says to see users manual) and when I try to select "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed aspect ratio" in nVidia Control Panel, it just reverts back to "Use my display's built in scaling"

Is there some sort of program that can force the fixed aspect ratio? I still play a few games that are 4:3 only (WC3 namely) that looks funny to me when everyone becomes a flattened midget.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get aspect ratio scaling with DVI?

The "expansion" menu is empty (says to see users manual) and when I try to select "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed aspect ratio" in nVidia Control Panel, it just reverts back to "Use my display's built in scaling"

Is there some sort of program that can force the fixed aspect ratio? I still play a few games that are 4:3 only (WC3 namely) that looks funny to me when everyone becomes a flattened midget.

There is a long running "problem" with Nvidia's drivers for the 8800gtx (the only card I have). Nvidia will not let you pick any thing besides "Use my displays built in scaling" for the 1650x1080 resolution. I keep hoping they'll fix it with the next version update. I didn't have this crop up when I was using my 6800.

When did you make the order Shoryukenz? Also, did ship with USPS? Any brokerage, taxes, etc?

Ordered March 28, shipped on April 9 with USPS. Fee at the door was $5 + GST, which came to a total of about $12 (the value claimed was 143 instead of 193)

price is ridiculous. plus its the silver version.

Well the only difference between the black version and the silver version is the speaker bar. The rest of the monitor is exactly the same, silver. Back when there were new, I saved $50 getting the silver version.

Back