If you are using Eyefinity...

yea for that massive 2880x900 resolution..... No thank you, even though it is 43" I'd rather have a single 30" @ 2560x1600 :p

not to mention the price.... one ostendo curved display will set you back $6499

that's just under 7 grand...

between my projector / i7 / x360 / ps3 / drums / and my motorcycle

i havent spent friggin 7 grand total... jeez who'd buy that thing at that price?

I've seen a few of those. They look great until you see the specs and price:
2880x900
$6500
That's the equivalent of only two 1440x900 displays, which if bought separately would cost about a 20th of this monitor. You easily could buy SIX 1920x1200 (very nice S-IPS panel) monitors for less than one of these.
Heck, if you want an unbroken screen, for that price you could buy a trio of 1920x1200 projectors, and have an enormous curved display.

Well they do have some advantages. They are DLPs at their heart, that's how they generate their image. That means extremely fast response time (probably in the realm of 10-30 microseconds), higher static contrast, and better colour bit depth than an LCD. Also, of course, no bezels in the middle.

Not saying I'm going to buy one, I don't have $7000 laying around, but it does get you some advantages, especially where gaming is concerned. For all the "Ahhh LCDs are so slow!" people this would be a solution.

To put it another way, for $7000, you could buy six 30" LCDs for a 6x2 setup that would have about 5 times the screen space and about 10 times the pixel count.

Man that price is just too much. i guess I'll have to live with a single 24 inch monitor (I refuse to go over 1 monitor because those borders for multi monitor setup is just pure fugly)

Last edited:
hit the tech specs on that beast... its 15" deep from curve to back

but why such a low resolution? i mean if you're going to mate two monitors why not two 1200p and make it 2560x1200

that... would be sexy [and not worth a penny more than say $1500]

Man that price is just too much. i guess I'll have to live with a single 24 inch monitor (I refuse to go over 1 monitor because those borders for multi monitor setup is just pure fugly)

I think there's a new catch phrase we need to develop about Eyefinity: 'Try it, then you'll buy it.' Tons of people have said this till they use it and suddenly they are purchasing Eyefinity even with the Bezel issue :D

I'm going to start making these, seriously this is essentially a rear projection setup using expensive led projectors with a HUGE markup, although not as huge as some of you may think considering the price for them. Also has anyone thought about trying to take a dremel to the sides of an lcd bezel (not the case but the actual lcd screens natural bezel) when taken apart? I have no idea if it would work but it seems like you could get very close to having no bezel that way.

Last edited:
I think there's a new catch phrase we need to develop about Eyefinity: 'Try it, then you'll buy it.' Tons of people have said this till they use it and suddenly they are purchasing Eyefinity even with the Bezel issue :D

This man speaks the truth.

No bezel issue with projectors. :) I'm seriously thinking about doing this. (2/3 to 3/4 of a room) I'll have to wait until funding permits however.

I wonder how Eyefinity would look with cheaper non-1080p projectors? 1080p projects can still run around $900 each on the cheap end of the scale. However, if we are less choose and are willing to accept 720p projectors (1280x720p), I could see three projects being more competitive.

Projectors in "portrait mode" :) Tip them on their sides. I think 720P would be just fine for playing some games that way. 2160x1280 Just need a big room with vaulted ceilings.

a word on 720p projectors for pc gaming... i didnt like it

my monitors at the time were 1200p and 1600p and scaling down to 1280x720 for gaming was horrid

despite the size advantage [i have a 95" screen]

now, rock band and guitar hero - those are perfect... but bioshock, gears of war, half life 2, etc... didnt like it at all, too much detail missing at such a low resolution

that being said... i did get to demo several mid range 1080p projectors and yes sir... sign me up for one of those...

very impressed with some of the offerings... problem is, we're talking close to $2k for it to be worth it

now to each his own... many of my friends really liked the projected games, i had to tear my buddy off dead space on the projector

but for me, going from crystal clear images at 30" and 1600p wasnt worth the upsize to 95" and 720p - im a self proclaimed videophile and clarity and color are tops on my list

If it was 3840x1200, or allowed dual or triple inputs as though it was 2 or 3 separate monitors, or ran at 120 Hz refresh rate, I would love this thing. As it is, I can buy three good 30" monitor or even three 1080p projectors for that much money.

If it was under a grand and had at least 1080 lines of vertical resolution I might also be interested. 900 lines makes the thing useful for games only imho. It would be next to useless for HD movies and painful to use for other typical PC uses.

Back