If you are thinking about buying WoW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyK

2[H]4U
Please send me a PM. They have this new program where you get 300% more XP and some other bonuses if you play with a friend. So what this means is, if you start playing wow on an account that is linked to another account, you get some sweet bonuses. If anyone is seriously considering picking up WoW and you want a nice head start i'd be willing to help you out and show you the basics to the game whenever i have the free time. And if you happen to buy the full game i would get a free month of game time and possibly a special mount in game.

So if you want some help, and want to help out a fellow [H] member hit me up with the PM and I can send you an email on how to start it :p

I have a level 70 rogue raiding in the hardest dungeons in the game.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&n=Stabbey

That is my character sheet, so no worries about me giving bad advice or anything :p And i can give you doubly good advice if you want to play a rogue! So consider me as your WoW guide if you please :p

P.S. I only have 5 invites, so please don't PM me if you don't think you will want to actually play the game. Also, i promise to not get mad or anything if you decide you don't like the game after your free 10 days :p

Now they're baiting people with free XP to get them hooked on war-crack? Blizz is f'n genius.

The level cap is probably still level 20 for the trial. So by increasing xp rate they just get to 20 faster and want to buy and subscribe sooner, genius indeed.

And if you happen to buy the full game i would get a free month of game time and possibly a special mount in game.

I get that :p

Big salute if that is really your character.

But I'm sure you just want the mount and don't know anyone that is willing to buy a new account and pay for a 60 day sub just for you so you're looking for naive people here, and just going to /ignore them after they ask 3 questions ingame and paid their sub :(

I tried out the trial version, just because I am selling my old video card and someone was curious to see how well it performed with WoW. I don't get it. This seems like a game for people with too much time to kill. I have other things to do, like work, volunteering, outdoor activities, spending time with friends and family, etc. I love my computer but I'm not a slave to it.

Oh and I am happy to report that WoW runs very smooth on a 7800GT at the highest graphics settings I could find in the options (1280x1024, 24bpp, 4xAF). WoW does not seem like a very graphics card intensive game at all. But it sure does have lots of pretty colors.

This is a beginner multiboxer's dream. Get a second account for the same price with bonus XP and summon capabilities.

I also want to get a referal so I can get the special mount. Im willing to pony up a little though to get it. I will ship you the software so you don't have to download that massive file and if you roll your character on my server, I will hook you up with everything you need (Pay for your mount, run you through instances etc etc).

What the OP didn't mention is that you get 300% ONLY WHEN YOU PLAY WITH YOUR REFERAL friend. That means when I run you through instances, you get 3x experience, leveling you VERY quickly.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

Arg, was lame of them to give in game items for buying cards. Now you get in game items for recruiting...
Just one step away from an item mall.

Big salute if that is really your character.

But I'm sure you just want the mount and don't know anyone that is willing to buy a new account and pay for a 60 day sub just for you so you're looking for naive people here, and just going to /ignore them after they ask 3 questions ingame and paid their sub :(

It's sad how you have no faith in people being nice on the internet. I would definitely never do something like this. I'm not going to do anything like lloose is saying, buy you a mount or anything, but i would totally help a Hardocp member learn the ropes of the game. That's why i like this recruitment thing, it gives people like me and incentive to help out new people, we both get rewarded. I don't really care about the mount, i already have cooler ones, but i'd like the free game time and bonus xp for my and the new person's characters.

And that's why i like the Hardocp community. I've had good experiences with most people i've gone and played games with, people here are for the most part not the kind of people who would exploit someone to get a WoW mount and leave them in the dust. I figured someone might call me out for the possibility of this get the mount and ditch behavior, but i thought it could be fun to play new characters with [H] members and get us both some alts with 300% XP for a while.

So yeah i'm still open for this if anyone is thinking about starting up WoW. Grats on being one of the not so cool Hardocp forum readers tylerdurdened

Ya that was a pretty rude response. That is also a really good deal about linking accounts. I'm about to do it also. I have a friend that got his account banned and he's going to be re-making one here shortly, linking it to mine of course ;)

Trusting anonymous people on the internet is one of the least safe things you can do. It's right up there with base jumping and joining the military.

It's nothing personal.

What these guys are failing to mention also is that for every level you get one of thier alts at equal or lower level will level also. So basically they are getting a free mount, a free month of game time, and a free level 60.

You get 3x the exp IF they level with you AND are in your general level. Otherwise you would get normal exp that you would get when a 70 runs you around which is like 12-13 for normal mobs, 40-50 Elite mobs.

I am not sure if having a 70 present would mess with the 3x Exp bonuses with quests.

Full FaQ:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

If you do indeed want to do it, and on a PvP server I'll level my level 12 warlock with you if you want. Just read the FaQ first before choosing because there is alot of stuff that is not being said.

Trusting anonymous people on the internet is one of the least safe things you can do. It's right up there with base jumping and joining the military.

It's nothing personal.

Pretty sure you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting or dying in a car reck than dieing in the military, Iraq or no Iraq.

Yeah if someone did it i was planning on playing along with them with one of my lower level characters so we both get the xp bonus. having a 70 rush them would probably be boring for both of us.

Yeah if someone did it i was planning on playing along with them with one of my lower level characters so we both get the xp bonus. having a 70 rush them would probably be boring for both of us.

Just putting it out there :) I'm probably going to buy another account then transfer him over or even multibox.

I tried out the trial version, just because I am selling my old video card and someone was curious to see how well it performed with WoW. I don't get it. This seems like a game for people with too much time to kill. I have other things to do, like work, volunteering, outdoor activities, spending time with friends and family, etc. I love my computer but I'm not a slave to it.

Oh and I am happy to report that WoW runs very smooth on a 7800GT at the highest graphics settings I could find in the options (1280x1024, 24bpp, 4xAF). WoW does not seem like a very graphics card intensive game at all. But it sure does have lots of pretty colors.

For a guy with so much to do, you have about a third of the amount of posts that I do in 22 days than my 6.6 years.

Pretty sure you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting or dying in a car reck than dieing in the military, Iraq or no Iraq.
Well, you have no evidence. Besides, I wasn't talking about just death, but injury in general.

Holy shit. Limp God in 23 days.. Spam much?
I love my computer but I'm not a slave to it.

You keep telling yourself that. What do you do to volunteer? Donate bandwidth from your wireless router to your neighbors?

For a guy with so much to do, you have about a third of the amount of posts that I do in 22 days than my 6.6 years.

It's called multitasking. For example today I was provisioning three blackberries and rather than sit there and wait for enterprise activation to complete, I hopped on the [H]. Another time today I was on an utterly boring conference call so I was flipping back and forth between the slide deck and the [H]. Right now I am copying some files back over from my backups that I made before I sold my other proc and mobo, so rather than watch the progress meter I hopped on the [H]. And so on. I don't sit still a lot, I have to be doing something all the time. I probably make 30-50 posts a day on various web forums.

I wasn't trying to come down on WoW, if that's your thing then more power to you. It just seems like a never ending adventure that is probably more suited to teenagers on summer break than busy professionals. I'd rather play my FPS's than something so open ended. Or just go outside and ride my bike for an hour or two for some exercise, like I did earlier.

Holy shit. Limp God in 23 days.. Spam much?

You keep telling yourself that. What do you do to volunteer? Donate bandwidth from your wireless router to your neighbors?

I maintain the network and client machines at two sites for a community based children's non-profit. I'm also the vice-president of the board of directors. Send used hardware please! :D we are a 501(c)3 non-profit so you can take a deduction off of your taxes for donating to us.

Maybe we can get our kids into "war-crack". :D Probably better they were doing that than running around in the streets getting into trouble! These are definitely at-risk kids. It seems like all they want to do with the computers is make and record rap songs. We try to refocus them in a positive manner.

FYI - My brother and I have been doing the 3x exp and here is what I can tell you from our experience.

Me and my bro (both level 23 at the time) were run through Shadowfang Keep by a level 70. We were averaging 250+ exp per mob.

When turning in quests it is VERY important to make sure you are grouped and within range of your linked friend to get the 3x exp.

Blizzard had previously boosted exp gain, and this 3x exp is insane. Expect to skip alot of areas. We went from 20-30 without leaving the Barrens (except for a couple SFK runs).

The 3x exp works on the Cloth Master turn ins as well, but only once per cloth type of course. My brother believes we should be able to repeat it at the other major cities for exp, but we have not tried this yet.

It's called multitasking. For example today I was provisioning three blackberries and rather than sit there and wait for enterprise activation to complete, I hopped on the [H]. Another time today I was on an utterly boring conference call so I was flipping back and forth between the slide deck and the [H]. Right now I am copying some files back over from my backups that I made before I sold my other proc and mobo, so rather than watch the progress meter I hopped on the [H]. And so on. I don't sit still a lot, I have to be doing something all the time. I probably make 30-50 posts a day on various web forums.

I wasn't trying to come down on WoW, if that's your thing then more power to you. It just seems like a never ending adventure that is probably more suited to teenagers on summer break than busy professionals. I'd rather play my FPS's than something so open ended. Or just go outside and ride my bike for an hour or two for some exercise, like I did earlier.

I multi-task when i play WoW too, like when I afk AV and watch fox news.

I multi-task when i play WoW too, like when I afk AV and watch fox news.

LOL I hope that's not your only news source... all I got to see when I last watched Fox News is ghetto people (usually black or latino) getting chased down by white police. Hopefully that has changed, but I doubt it. TV news FTL. Reading the news is much better.

LOL I hope that's not your only news source... all I got to see when I last watched Fox News is ghetto people (usually black or latino) getting chased down by white police. Hopefully that has changed, but I doubt it. TV news FTL. Reading the news is much better.

actually it is and fox is always pretty fair and balanced

i have been playing wow for the past few days and so far i do not like it.

the controls and combat from what i have seen so far feels very slow and sluggish. it takes seconds before my character does anotehr melee attack that i more or less play this game in window mode whilst browsing sites because teh combat is boring.

in guild wars the combat and gameplay is more lively then wow even at the early levels of play. The servers im on include killrog and bonzebeard all seem dead and empty with next to no ineraction with any real players and this is on a PVE server. The game so far feels empty and if it stays like this for anotehr week or two fo playing, it definetly aint worth a single penny to pay to play it.

im gunna try and play ti more tonight but so far its not loooking good atm.

Well, you have no evidence. Besides, I wasn't talking about just death, but injury in general.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gqgQCcv26kB1dkgZRZNHmbn_1J8gD92DOETG0

http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html

On average yearly car accident deaths drastically outnumber service member deaths when broken down on a ratio of soldiers in Iraq compared to deaths with how many people drive in the US.

This also applies with injuries. Lighting is alot lower however with roughly 75 deaths a year. You do have a better chance of getting struck by lighting than a mortar over there however.

what class have you been playing?

Druid and hunter. hunter seems ok but the druid is kinda boring.the problem is the melee attacks on both chars are dead slow compared to GW's

i wont bash the game untill i play it for at least another couple of weeks but so far not good :S

Druid and hunter. hunter seems ok but the druid is kinda boring.the problem is the melee attacks on both chars are dead slow compared to GW's

i wont bash the game untill i play it for at least another couple of weeks but so far not good :S

Try rogue, its a very fast paced class and all attacks are instant.

Druids are fun when you get all your shapeshifting abilities. Hunters are always boring. If you want action, play a healer.

Also, all the servers are going to feel empty because the game has been out for so long, the majority of players that play a lot are very high levels. The areas where high level players spend most of their time are on a completely different continent than where you start out at lvl 1. You'll only see 1 or 2 people maybe at a time in newbie zones most generally. You really have to be able to grind through the boredom for a LONG time and get up to the maximum level in order to start playing with a lot of other players.

The first time i started playing wow was when it first launched and i quit before level 40. It took me seeing one of my friends raiding at max level for me to make a new character and get him up to max level, and i've been playing ever since. So if you think you would like to raid and stuff, you have to grind your way up to lvl 70 (soon to be 80) and then start really enjoying yourself. It kinda sucks, but that why i like this 300% xp thing :p it wouldn't take very long at all with that buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back