IF THE PS3 AND XB360 IS FOR $299, HOW CAN WE BUY AMD OR INTEL TO GAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmanuel

Weaksauce
The ps3 and xb360 will be more powerful than pcs the they come out.. So why they heck would we build a gaming pc with a cpu that cost $800 and a graphic card that cost $400 - $500..
Amd, intel, Ati and Nvidia better start dropping their prices

Hint: Not everyone uses thier computers "just" to play games. ;)

/edit

Let's keep this civil people. That means you two above me.

spugnor said:
Hint: Not everyone uses thier computers "just" to play games. ;)

/edit

Let's keep this civil people. That means you two above me.

Like most of us need a Fx55 and a Geforce 6800ultra to run photoshop, download music and use word.

Amd, intel, ati and nvidia are targeting their highend stuff to gamers. Now with the news consols comming out that are more powerful than pcs, why bother spending that kinda money.

kmanuel said:
Like most of us need a Fx55 and a Geforce 6800ultra to run photoshop, download music and use word.

Amd, intel, ati and nvidia are targeting their highend stuff to gamers. Now with the news consols comming out that are more powerful than pcs, why bother spending that kinda money.

Simple. It's a hobby for me, and by extension, a lot of people on the [H]ard forums. We're like a hot rodding community for computers. Do i "need" a high end machine for day to day tasks? No. But when i'm doing video editing, and yes, playing games, i like to have all of the power i can afford.

But that's a personal choice on my part. I certainly could get by with less, that is true. And i have never really warmed to consoles. I simply prefer the gameplay on PC's to consoles. Not that i have anything against consoles, per se. It's more of a personal choice and preference on my part.

You can't compare the prices of consoles to computers even just for gaming because computer games are so much better than console games. I doubt the new generation will be any different. I'd rather spend twice the money and get twice the number of games and twice the quality of games.

CHollman82 said:
You can't compare the prices of consoles to computers even just for gaming because computer games are so much better than console games. I doubt the new generation will be any different. I'd rather spend twice the money and get twice the number of games and twice the quality of games.

o·pin·ion P Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
The prevailing view: public opinion.
Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

I can almost garuntee you, that by the time all these consoles ACTUALLY come out, there will be cards that that can do the same things the consoles can, and better at or near the time of release (give or take a few months) Why is this so? Hmmmm... look who is making the graphics chips for the new consoles.... Nvidia... ATI? Oh don't they make the ones for the computers too? hmmm.... think about it.

You think a console is cheap? In order to get the crispness of a monitor instead of 640x480 conventional TV screen. Go buy an HDTV or a plasma screen TV. Then add the cost

This is one of those questions that you should ask yourself inside your head.

kmanuel said:
The ps3 and xb360 will be more powerful than pcs the they come out.. So why they heck would we build a gaming pc with a cpu that cost $800 and a graphic card that cost $400 - $500..
Amd, intel, Ati and Nvidia better start dropping their prices

another one of your great threads...so ati and nvidia are competing against themselves? yeah, they better drop their prices...brilliant :rolleyes:

kmanuel said:

Do you even know what you're saying? :rolleyes:

It's like saying "OMFG !!!one11!!eleven!11!! an iPod 0wnz _|00!!11! Why buy a PC when an iPod is more powerful than all your base are bel0ng to us!!?" :rolleyes:

If your question is how can ATI and NVIDIA sell cards to Microsoft and Sony for so much less than they do to Joe Sixpack then the answer is simple. We don't know what the new consoles will sell for but let's assume they sell for under $500. Both companies will get cards from ATI and NVIDIA for less because they are buying high volumes. That alone probably will not bring the cost of the cards to a point that Sony and Microsoft can afford to sell consoles for a profit. The simple answer is that Sony and Microsoft will lose money for every console sold in order to make that money back with each game sold. These companies have deep pockets and they can afford to lose money on the front to make a profit on the back end.

If your question is why should Joe Sixpack buy a PC when he can get one hell of a gaming machine for far less then the answer is he wont. I doubt that by November there will be any significant price drop from ATI or NVIDIA just because the 360 has been released. . Yes some hardcore gamers will insist on owning a PC for whatever reason but the vast majority of the people out there will never put out over $1,000 when they can get what they see as more for less from a console.

The real question is what will these console sell for? If they sell for more than $400 will anybody buy them?

Why do anything else on a PC besides gaming? What a waste of time . . .

Consoles are the more cost effective way to go . . . . Don't have an HDTV? Buy a monitor that can handle the resolution and buy a HD VGA/DVI box. Simple as that.

six_storm said:
Why do anything else on a PC besides gaming? What a waste of time . . .

Consoles are the more cost effective way to go . . . . Don't have an HDTV? Buy a monitor that can handle the resolution and buy a HD VGA/DVI box. Simple as that.

because it's an EXTRA thing u can do with a pc.....besides having much better online multi, being able to add mods to the game, and SO far best graphics...ppl dont buy pc's just to game

We are going to start banning people for this sort of trolling and flame baiting, you are warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back