If Mobo has Power Button do i need to short pins to jump it?

Blackstone

2[H]4U
X99 Deluxe. Won't boot. One click from PSU but nothing spins up. Got board outside of case now.

The board has a powerbutton which lights up--when i click it clicks once and no spin up just like when in case using case power button.

If the mobo has a power button, does that need I don't need to short pins if I "breadboard it" outside the case to test for issues?

In other words I should be able to just turn it on with that button without shorting pins, correct?

The button and shorting the 2 pins together is the same thing, the button may carry other functions if you hold it for that specific board tho...

I would try a separate psu see if it solves your issue

Based on your specs the x99 deluxe has been running for awhile and not booting? If it is the same behavior with the same psu, def try a different psu, or start removing components to see if it will begin to boot, such as no memory or 1 stick, nothing else plugged in, ect...

The power and reset lights on mobo are on, but pressing gives me one click from two different PSU’s and no spin up

Since you have the board out of the case, start with the bare minimum. Put the board on the MB box. Remove EVERYTHING from the motherboard except the CPU and HSF (remove RAM, GPU, SATA cables, fans, front panel connections, USB, everything). Make sure the HS Fan is plugged in to the CPUFAN header. If you have a speaker, plug that in to the appropriate connector. Plug in the 24 pin ATX connector and 8 pin CPU power connector from the PSU. There should be nothing else attached to the PSU. Now plug the power cable into the PSU and hit the power button on the motherboard. Report back with what happens.

Back