If I get a PS3...

Z

Zinn

Guest
can I set it up to fold for team 33? or is it hard locked on some stoopid team sony? I want to get back into folding but unfortunately the ambient temperatures here in my room is oppressive without adding my space heater of a CPU to the mix 24/7... if I get a PS3 it goes in my living room which is always sort of chilly.
 
Nope, you can set it for any team you wish. Good idea about not putting it in your room. With mine running, there is a noticeable temperature difference stepping out of my room. The amazing thing that it is still quieter that my compy.
Edit: I forget how to switch teams off the top of my head, but it is easy. If you have trouble I can go and look.
 
Hit the triangle button when your in the folding at home app, it'll give you the choice of team and user. It runs nice and cool, mine goes 24/7 in my A/V rack. PS3 folding is quieter then the 360 at idle.
 
I have my PS3 in an encolsed cabinet (no i'm not kidding).
It gets loud, but the wood muffles it.

If I just crack it open, it goes almost silent after a few minutes.
 
Take it back within the warranty period, there is something wrong with it if it's loud.

It's been determined that the PS3 is being made with two different fans. People have taken back their PS3s several times before getting a "quiet" one. Mine folds all the time now so I've gotten used to the noise.



 
Back
Top