IEMs Uncomfortable, Advice?

Firefox90

Weaksauce
I tried searching around and I didn't find a much information on this topic. I just received my Shure SE210s as a gift. Moving up from stock iPod earbuds for portable use and Bose Triports (also a gift, but there were no other choices). I am by no means a serious audiophile. I was generally pleased with the Triports even though Bose is the anti-christ of audio. Anyways, I have been playing with these SE210s. I have tried the foam smalls and mediums and the rubber small and mediums. They all seem to hurt my ears. It may be how I am putting them in. I think the hard plastic tube from the IEMs or the plastic tube on the foam/rubber tips are hitting my ear canals. Advice? Any detailed guides on how exactly to put these in. They are my first IEMs.

I am going over my ears then into them. Knowing that, which way should the bend portion of the headphone be aimed? Back of the head or towards the front (or other?).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Post on Head-Fi and ask around.I would say try diffferent tips first or foamies or double or triple flanges (as well as from other brands).Of course I would have also steared you away from Shure as well,but thats another thread for another day.

I have the SE210K and dont like them all that much.My first pair died not a few months after buying them,with incredibly light use.

I think I have more sensitive ears than most and spent a good while trying to find some sleeves that I could comfortably wear with my e5s for any period of time and ended up with the yellow disposable foam sleeves. (Incidentally, they seemed to give the best bass response as well...) All of the others that I tried were fine at first, but the pressure from the sleeves on the inside of my ear canal made my ears sore very quickly.

Which foam sleeves are you talking about? I know that Shure recently released some new, more durable black foam sleeves that are supposed to last a lot longer, but I don't know how comfortable they are. I might experiment with them at some point but will probably stick with the yellow ones.

Back