IEM (with mic) to PC

Serville

n00b
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
15
Hi,
I have Soundmagic E10M IEM with microphone, and i"m thinking of using it with my desktop PC for gaming & chatting. I have already got several headsets, but I find them uncomfortable to the ears after long hours.

I know I'm going to need a splitter for Audio & Mic, something like this:
http://www.showmecables.com/product...TRRS-Jack-to-Dual-3-5mm-Stereo-Plug-6-IN.aspx

The problem is I couldn't find it in my country.
The best I could find is this :
http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/56131.jpg
Product description : " 6inch Premium 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 x 3.5mm Stereo Male (Gold Plated)"
The connector looks the same, but it doesn't specifically say for Mic & Audio.

Are they electronically different ?
Thanks
 
Hi,
I have Soundmagic E10M IEM with microphone, and i"m thinking of using it with my desktop PC for gaming & chatting. I have already got several headsets, but I find them uncomfortable to the ears after long hours.

I know I'm going to need a splitter for Audio & Mic, something like this:
http://www.showmecables.com/product...TRRS-Jack-to-Dual-3-5mm-Stereo-Plug-6-IN.aspx

The problem is I couldn't find it in my country.
The best I could find is this :
http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/56131.jpg
Product description : " 6inch Premium 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 x 3.5mm Stereo Male (Gold Plated)"
The connector looks the same, but it doesn't specifically say for Mic & Audio.

Are they electronically different ?
Thanks

The one from monoprice is probably just a splitter.

You need something that takes the T R R S connector and takes that to 2x T R S (Tip Ring Sleeve) connections.

What country are you in?

I got one here in Sweden without issue.
 
I'm in Jakarta.
The only cable I could find is Audio/Mic Splitter from Razer, but it costs $19 which I think completely overpriced for such a cable.
 
Back
Top