IE8 problem

Abula

[H]ard|Gawd
Well this is probably a very noob problem, but im sorry i cant find any solution on my own so pls bare with me.

I installed ie8 recently while updating my laptop with vista32, while watching youtube videos i decided to check google chrome 2.0 to see if it was worth it, while i didnt find anythign worng with it, just wasnt my thing. So i decedied to go back to ie8 and uninstall google chrome.

But once i was left with ie8, i had a problem, the pages like forums or youtube arent remembering me, even clicking the remember me box in all forums. Im guessing its still bound to google chrome and not saving for ie8, the problem is that i dont see where to enable this or if i could reinstall ie8 i would but even if i dl the developer one i cant since it says there is a newer verision runing. So im stuck.

So pls if you know how to renable it so ie8 remembers the loging on forums when i do check the option, ill be greatfull.

Thanks for any info,

An anti virus, or such programs as CCleaner could cause this.

Have you checked your privacy settings as well?

An anti virus, or such programs as CCleaner could cause this.

Have you checked your privacy settings as well?

Thx for the suggestion, but i doubt it something like that, as this behavior presented only when i un installed google chrome, and my desktop setup has the same antivirus and malware software runing (but didnt do the google chrome install/uninstall there).

I did check inside the the privacy setting but didnt find anything related direclty to cokies and ie8, my only guess is that something didnt uninstall correctly and the cokies for saving the info for the user/password arent saved correctly or are being saved still for goggle chrome, but this is just my noobie guess.

In the address bar, is there something that says inPrivate? It would be where the web site logo usually appears. If so, you've got private mode enabled all the time. I'm not sure how to turn it off, but if it's on it will give you a good start in figuring out whats going on.

You might also have you security settings too high, or cookies disabled.

Open IE8 and go to Internet Options. Under the Privacy tab click advanced and you will see your cookie settings. Or you can click "default" to reset them if they are on custom. If Vista has "Program access and defaults" you might want to have a look in there also.

Back