• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IE8 Google Display Issues

Nismo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2000
Messages
1,413
Alright, I give up. Why is the google page different on my PC?! The google logo doesn’t have the standard back shadow it used to. The buttons are big and different color. Also the search page has a tool bar on the side in the 2nd pic (never seen that). I noticed on thanksgiving, that the google pic didn't change either. I’ve dumped my temp files and reset Advanced properties to default.

Check these 2 images:
35mian6.jpg

30iaz4l.jpg
 
Google is doing a redesign of its search engine and pushing the new layout out to random users.
 
If I pull up firefox I get the same old Google page... How would IE know to display anything different?
 
Is this actually a problem for you? Still pulls up the same search results...
 
Using IE6 or FF 3.5.3 it looks like the OP says it *should* (no blue buttons, no extra menu and has drop shadow on the "Google". I'm not sure, but I *think* when I boot to Win7 I get it the other way - can't check right now or I would.
 
It only was a cookie stored. I forgot that checkmark. Back to normal now.
 
Back
Top