IE7 is out

If you download the Yahoo version linked on the front page and extract the contents of the .EXE file you can just install IE7 without all the Yahoo addons.

I tried it and it works great.

The Yahoo version did indeed come out first, but the standalone version direct from Microsoft is available. I got my install from Betanews just a little while ago.

It's not a bad browser, but I'm sticking with Firefox.

any one system blow up yet? do it require validation to be install?

I actually use Opera, but might install IE7. I do like the interface.

I'm trying to get IE7 but the download won't work for me. :confused:

I just got it. I like it, I still love firefox though, but the memory usage is killing me.

How do you get rid of this annoying redirection (runonce2.aspx) which comes up everytime I open the browser? I think it is a bug (???)

vsrdan said:
How do you get rid of this annoying redirection (runonce2.aspx) which comes up everytime I open the browser? I think it is a bug (???)

I'm not getting it. Be more specific. Every time you open the browser at all, or any time you visit a certain page?

vsrdan said:
the page he is reffering to is when you first install IE7, if you browse the bottom of the page and click SAVE SETTINGS you should no longer see that page.

Can you change the way IE7 looks, like firefox.
Because the default theme makes me want to eat crayons and play with Hot Wheels. :D

The download is now available via Microsoft Update or at least it was for me running IE 7.0 beta 2. I find it a stable browser and for what it lacks in looks and customization, it more than makes up for in performance and stability. I run IE7, Firefox and Opera and IE is still my browser of choice.

gman said:
I actually use Opera, but might install IE7. I do like the interface.

DON'T!

I just switched to Opera from IE7. IE7 is a big disappointment (at least for me).

dbaldus said:
I'm not getting it. Be more specific. Every time you open the browser at all, or any time you visit a certain page?

I got it in both the computers I installed it in the office. I was never able to get rid of it - no matter what I tried (including changing registry). It is trying to log on to some MSN page. I can't change the home page (to Google) either. I can change it in the options, but it is still redirecting to that damn MSN page. It is annoying.

On top of that,one system gave a "fatal error" warning for the first time after installing IE7. I don't want this browser (and its day 0 bugs/problems) anymore.

I am switching to Opera (from IE6).

dbaldus said:

This happens when I open the browser, before visiting any other page. I am getting a blank page (because that redirecting address is wrong - I guess). The browser tries to log on to the page for some time and then gives up displaying an error message.

I like the new features of the IE7, but dislike some aswell. Most notably is the search feature. By default I want it to search the page for certain text, not redirect to a search engine. However, you cannot set it to search the page by default. The tabbing scheme is well done, as well as ridding all of the old clutter. It looks a lot cleaner and smoother now than it did before.

Oh4Sh0 said:
By default I want it to search the page for certain text, not redirect to a search engine. However, you cannot set it to search the page by default.
Yeah that's my biggest peeve I have with it as well. I used that feature pretty often with the google toolbar, it makes Ctrl+F seem like such a hassle. :eek:
Pretty stupid of them to overlook it, wonder if that will ever be added...

Also, the tabs don't adjust to your visual style if you changed the shell, so that makes for awkward-looking tabs... :|
Other than that it's good, esp middle click!

iSkylla said:
I still love firefox though, but the memory usage is killing me.

Same here, open a few tabs and its like going back in time to the 486 era- ok... maybe that's a bit extreme but hey, i used to love my 486dx2 :rolleyes:

love that fact that you can remove all the buttons and the menu bar, clean unclustered browsing.

Hmm, I actually like IE7. Is there a way to have it remember to keep what tabs were opened when the program is closed? I know that it asks but it would get annoying after awhile.

Also, is there a way to have it not open a new tab when continuing from a previous tabbed session?

fuck...surf to reputable sites and no firewall or shit is needed. the age ol debate is OVER!

okay im pissed

been running IE beta 2 on my XP MC edition fine for months

so today i install via the windows update IE7 final, now i blue screen on reboot in safe mode and normal

thank you a FUCKING ton MS i wanted to spend a god dam saturday redoing my fucking system!!!!

MrGuvernment said:
okay im pissed

been running IE beta 2 on my XP MC edition fine for months

so today i install via the windows update IE7 final, now i blue screen on reboot in safe mode and normal

thank you a FUCKING ton MS i wanted to spend a god dam saturday redoing my fucking system!!!!

That happened to me when I went from Beta 2 to Beta 3 (or something like that). All I had to do was manually repair my registry (lot faster than reformatting).

always been a firefox fan. I downloaded FF2 and it looks good, seems a little faster...but one other guy at work mentioned IE 7 and he thought it was nice. So, I downloaded it and I'm testing it out. I definitely think it is an improvement. ...I hope I don't like it more than firefox...We will see though I haven't messed with it much yet cause I'm still in the habit of using firefox 90%+ of the time.

luckily my dell O/S disl allowed me to do a repair install, so back to IE 6 right now and not sure i want to try again with IE7.

well with out checking i did windows updates on my repair install and it put in IE7 again, but this time it worked perfectly fine....

i guess perhaps there are some issues if you had a beta version going to the full release.

Back