IE won't stay maximized...how can I make it stay maximized???

Hey there...OK...when I browse the internet I like the window to be maximized...except when it's not supposed to be (mostly good/badpopups of all kinds)...now I have my window right now maximized...when it is not maximized I stretch the windows to the edges of the screen...but it still isn't maximized...it'll change back to not being maximized...is there any way to make it stay maximized??? You get what I'm trying to say??? THANX
C'YA :cool:

IE remembers the size of the last window that is closed, so if you're opening new windows, they'll be the same size as the last window that was closed during the last execution of IE.

Open an IE window, stretch it to the max your screen will allow, and then close it. Then open up and maximize it and then close it, and you should be good to go... I hate this too.

Yeah...I figured that part out and I've tried to maximize every window that isn't already maximized but it somehow always goes back to being not maximized eventually...any ideas???

I'm going to make a list of canned reponses that I can just cut and paste. This one is going to be high on said list.

Close all and every single browser window of any sort. This includes IE, file manager, folders, 'my computer' etc etc.

Now, open one bowser instance and if it's not, point it at about:blank . Make it the desired size. Hold down shift and click the X button to close said window.

Provided that you are spyware/asware/malware free, that should make any IE windows you open the same size.

Right-click on your IE shortcut > Properties

Under Run, select your window size.

viper11885 said:
Right-click on your IE shortcut > Properties
Under Run, select your window size.

Hmmm...haven't tried that yet...I'll give it a shot and see if it works or not...

you know what else bugs me about IE?
if you ctrl-n for new window, status bar is automatically not on. I like my status bar.

combine the window-size changing and the unstatus barring and it's just unbearable!!!

I can Ctrl-N and keep my status bar...you update regularly???

The above idea didn't work...it un-maximizes when I click on a link that opens in a new window...the new window that opens is what isn't maximized...any idea how to fix???

I think most windows opened by links won't be full screen. Only ones made by Ctrl-N or File->New Window have the screen size.

But I'm not sure, I use a tabbed browser, so I could care less. And full screen kind of wastes a lot of space especially when you don't use a taskbar.

Back