IE weirdness

MaxPower

Limp Gawd
A couple days ago i have noticed that i can't input text insdie a webform dialog box (sorry if that's not the proper name). The same type of boxes that are used to input your user name and password on most sites (sorry again if this i unclear). But wihle using Internet Explorer i can't type text into these boxes, even when i click inside such a box on a site a cursor will not show up inside.

I've been googling for a answer but i haven't been able to find anything. Could it be spyware or a virus that's causing this problem. This isn't a huge problem for me because i use Firefox 95% of the time. But it could be annoying to other people because these are computer at the college i attend and they are used frequently by other students. I did report this problem to the IT staff ,but they havn't fixed it yet. And i reported it about 4 days ago. I was just wondering if anyone knows of the cause or has ever heard of this type of problem. I've try running Adaware but it didn't fix the problem. Couldn't run Spbot because it said i needed Admin priveleges to install it (which is understandable).

Again i know this isn't my problem to fix but would still like to know the culprit. Thanks in advance to any positive input i get on this issue.

Well, the way my step-dad had to fix his when it went haywire was to go to Add/Remove Programs and find Internet Explorer6 SP1 and click on it and then choose fix.

Ok thanks alot. Unfortunately i don't have the privelges on my logon account to do that, but oh well. It's not my problem.

But it's good to know it's nothing major.

Back