IE tries to download .jsp file instead of viewing it..

joblo37pam

2[H]4U
I have a customer that I just installed a new machine for. Everything was working fine until they tried to go to a web page that they need to do business. The site is written using .jsp and a couple windows activex controls, and for the most part, works fine.

However, there is a certain function that uses a javascript to call a different .jsp page in a new window. To begin with, the popup blocker in IE was stopping it, so I added the site as an exclusion. Now, it attempts to open the page, but instead of viewing the .jsp page, it opens the download dialog.

The same site works on every other computer that I have tried it on, with various versions of IE, so there must be something not right on the new computer, I just can't figure out what. I have tried adding the site as a trusted site, and cranking down the security and privacy settings. I also tried uninstalling ie7 to use ie6, but that didn't help, either. Firefox obviously doesn't work because of the activex controls.

I am at a loss on this one. The only thing that I can think of is that the activex controls aren't firing correctly, but don't know how to reset them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Maybe set the content-type to text/html

For example:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

I don't control the site. It's actually the site that verizon uses to do activations. It's just strange that it works fine on all the other computers that I've tried it on without issue, but this one doesn't.

I have installed multiple java versions, and the little test applet on sun's site works fine. The java icon doesn't show up in the task bar when I go to the page, though. I'm not sure that really matters, though, since .jsp runs server side. (correct?)

Back